Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Baileys Pudding Shots are an easy 4 ingredient recipe that is perfect for making around the holidays. They are made with chocolate pudding and you can easily mix in some Kahlua or vodka.
Pudding shots are one of the best ways to make shots, especially for a party. There are lots of different pudding shot recipes to try, such as these Vanilla Pudding Shots, these Kahlua Pudding Shots, these Butterscotch Pudding Shots or these RumChata Pudding Shots.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy — Pudding shots are so easy to make. You just need 5 minutes to mix everything together, and then 30 minutes to let them set in the fridge.
- Festive — While Baileys is great any time of the year, it gives a particularly festive feel around the holidays. Baileys + chocolate pudding is a delicious combination that everyone will love during Christmas.
- Customizable — You can keep this recipe as is, or replace some of the Baileys with another type of alcohol, such as Kahlua or vodka.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Baileys: Use original Baileys, or another type of Irish cream liqueur. You can also use any type of flavored Baileys, such as Baileys Red Velvet or Baileys S’mores.
- Chocolate Pudding: You will need one pack of instant chocolate pudding mixture. You can replace this with any flavor of pudding you like, such as vanilla or butterscotch.
- Milk: Use whole milk for the creamiest pudding shots.
- Cool Whip: You can find Cool Whip in the frozen dessert section at your grocery store. It will make these shots light and airy.
How To Make Pudding Shots With Baileys
Step 1: Mix the chocolate pudding powder, milk and Baileys together.
Step 2: Fold in the Cool Whip.
Step 3: Divide the pudding into your serving containers and chill the shots in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
These Baileys Pudding Shots can be made up to 3 to 4 days in advance. Store the shots covered in the fridge.
If the pudding shots have been sitting in the fridge for a while, the Baileys can slightly sink to the bottom, making the shot more concentrated.
Before serving, gently stir the pudding shots. Then, add any toppings and serve immediately.
- Use a flavored Baileys. There are so many great Baileys flavors that will give these shots a unique twist. Baileys Red Velvet, S'mores or Salted Caramel would all work really well in this recipe.
- Wait a minute to help the ingredients dissolve. When you are mixing the ingredients together, if you find the powder or the Cool Whip is not fully dissolving, wait a minute and then stir again. This will help you get a much smoother mixture.
- Add some garnish. If you are serving these pudding shots to guests, some garnish such as a dollop of whipped cream (try this brown sugar whipped cream), and a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate sprinkles can make them more presentable.
- Serve them in condiment containers. For a large batch of pudding shots for a party, it may be easier to serve them in condiment containers.
Yes! For St. Patrick’s Day, use vanilla pudding instead of chocolate pudding and add in a few drops of green food coloring to make these shots green shamrock pudding shots.
Yes. Baileys and Kahlua are a delicious combination. You can replace ⅓ to ½ of the Baileys with Kahlua.
Depending on the size of your shot or shooter glasses, this recipe will make about 10 to 16 pudding shots.