This creamy Baileys latte is easy to make in less than 10 minutes with only three ingredients: espresso, milk and Baileys. It’s the perfect after dinner dessert latte for the cold, winter months.
Baileys is great on its own, but it also goes well in drinks, such as this Baileys hot chocolate.
Why this is the best baileys latte
- It makes the best dessert latte. Instead of drinking regular coffee after dinner, have this latte instead!
- It’s a great way to use up Baileys. There are so many creative drinks to make with Baileys and this one is delicious.
- It takes less than 10 minutes to make. It’s a quick drink to make from start to finish - just steam and froth the milk before mixing everything together.
- Baileys: You can replace this with any type of Irish cream liqueur.
Heat the milk on a saucepan over medium heat, bringing it almost to a boil. Remove the milk just before it begins to boil and froth it with an electric frother.
Stir the Baileys into the espresso. Pour the hot milk on top of the espresso, and scoop the foamy froth on top.
Yes. Try to use instant espresso powder if you can. If not, use extra instant coffee powder to make a very concentrated shot of coffee.
You can use an electric beater or whisk instead to froth the milk. You can also blend the hot milk in a blender. These methods will not work as well as using a handheld frother, but will still add some volume
- Don’t let it boil. Be careful not to let the milk boil on the stovetop. There should be a lot of steam coming off the milk, but no bubbles forming on the surface. Adjust the temperature as needed.
- Try other Baileys flavors. Baileys has a lot of different flavored Irish creams. Salted Caramel Baileys or Pumpkin Spice Baileys would both go well in this latte.
- Make it alcohol-free. For a non alcoholic version, use this alcohol free Baileys recipe instead of regular Baileys.