This homemade starbucks pistachio latte is so easy to make at home, you can have this fancy starbucks drink all winter long. Made with strong espresso, milk, and pistachio syrup. Topped with frothed milk, and a brown butter brown sugar topping, just like the starbucks version.
Why this is the best pistachio latte
- Pistachio + Brown Butter Topping. The brown butter, brown sugar topping complements the pistachio flavor perfectly. It’s what makes this latte extra decadent, just like the Starbucks’ one.
- Make this seasonal latte year-round. This pistachio drink is only available at certain times of the year, but if you make it at home, you can have it every day.
- It’s easy and inexpensive. When made at home, this latte is a fraction of the cost of buying one at Starbucks.
- Pistachio Syrup: I use a store bought pistachio syrup, but you can also use a homemade pistachio one. Most importantly, use a quality syrup. Cheaper syrups can have a more artificial flavor that is not enjoyable.
How to make the pistachio latte
On a saucepan over medium heat, heat the butter to brown it. Once browned, remove it from the heat and immediately mix in the brown sugar. Set aside for now.
Warm the milk in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave. Add in the espresso, granulated sugar and pistachio syrup.
Top with frothed milk. Scoop on the brown butter, brown sugar topping.
To serve this as an iced latte, don’t warm the mix before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients. Skip the frothed milk and add in a handful of ice before serving.
For a vegan latte, replace the cow’s milk with oat milk and use a vegan butter or plant-based margarine for the brown butter topping.
- Use steamed milk. If you have a milk steamer, steam the milk before mixing together the latte. Steamed milk will make a thicker, creamier drink.
- Adjust the amount of pistachio syrup. There is some variation between different brands of pistachio syrup. Some may be sweeter than others. Adjust the amount according to your preference.