Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolate cream cold foam is an easy Starbucks’ copycat recipe for anyone wanting to make a homemade chocolate cream cold brew! Made with only 3 ingredients in under 5 minutes.
Buying Starbucks every day can add up, but when it’s so easy to make copycat recipes of your favorite drinks at home, there’s no need to sacrifice anything.
Why You’ll Love this Recipe
- Starbucks Copycat — If you have tried Starbucks’ new chocolate cream cold brew and are looking for a way to make a copycat version at home, this recipe is for you!
- Easy — There are only 3 ingredients in this recipe and it takes less than 5 minutes to make.
- Inexpensive — Starbucks is expensive… so save money by making this cold foam at home for a fraction of the cost.
- Versatile — This chocolate foam tastes delicious on basically any type of iced coffee beverage!
What Is Chocolate Cream Cold Foam?
Chocolate cream cold foam is a new version of Starbucks’ classic sweet cream cold foam. Basically, it is a creamy topping made of milk, cream and flavoring that can be added to any iced drink.
In this chocolate version, chocolate milk and chocolate syrup are used instead of regular milk and vanilla syrup.
What Drinks Go With Chocolate Cold Foam?
Chocolate cold foam goes on so many different types of iced beverages.
The classic drink is a chocolate cream cold brew, where this chocolate foam is poured on top of cold brew coffee.
You can also add it on top of a couple of iced espresso shots to make an iced chocolate latte.
- Chocolate Milk: Regular cold foam uses milk, but for this chocolate version, we use chocolate milk instead. This keeps all the same creaminess but adds a delicious chocolate flavor.
- Cream: Use heavy whipping cream or cooking cream (35%). If you are looking for a healthier, lower fat version of this cold foam, you can replace the cream with more chocolate milk instead.
- Chocolate Syrup: A dash of chocolate syrup gives a sweet, strong kick to this chocolate cold foam. Make sure to use a chocolate simple syrup, rather than a thick sauce-like syrup. You can either make your own chocolate simple syrup at home, or use a store bought chocolate drink syrup.
How To Make Chocolate Cream Cold Foam:
Step 1: Add the chocolate milk, cream and chocolate syrup to a milk frother.
Step 2: Use the “cold froth” option to froth the mixture. When finished, pour over your iced coffee drink immediately.
- Use a milk frother. An electric milk frother will give you the best results by far. If you are a serious at home coffee enthusiast, the small investment in one is well worth it. Make sure to get a frother that has a “cold froth” option so you can make iced beverages as well as hot drinks.
- Pour the cold foam immediately. Once the frother is done frothing, don’t let the foam sit there! Pour it immediately over your coffee drink. Otherwise, it can clump together and although it tastes just as good, it doesn’t pour as smoothly.
- Add in a flavoring. Get creative with this recipe and replace the chocolate syrup with another flavored syrup such as vanilla syrup, hazelnut syrup or peppermint simple syrup.
A milk frother will always give the best results. However, as an alternative, you can use a manual milk frother, a French press, or a small blender.
To make a chocolate cream cold brew, brew your own cold brew coffee overnight, or use store bought cold brew. Add in a dash of vanilla simple syrup and mix. Then top with the chocolate cold foam.
No. Make the cold foam when you are ready to drink your beverage. Once it has been frothed, this cold foam will lose its texture if it is stored.
Yes. If you prefer, you can add in chocolate malt powder. Other copycat recipes use malt powder, but this will add a slightly different taste and not everyone likes the taste of malt powder.