This stunning red velvet latte is the perfect drink for the winter season. Milk, vanilla, chocolate chips and coffee are heated together into a creamy drink. Then topped with a bright red whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate shavings. Easy to make for the holidays or as a Valentine’s day treat.
Lattes are a wintertime favorite, such as this oat milk matcha latte or this lavender latte. For an iced drink, try this iced mocha latte.
Why this is the best red velvet coffee
- Red whipped cream. Ok, it is more pink than red, but it still looks impressively cool.
- It’s a great holiday latte. This drink is perfect for Thanksgiving, Christmas or Valentine’s day!
- Chocolate + Coffee. This is the best combination in a drink. It tastes kind of like a mix between a hot chocolate and a creamy latte.
- Whipping Cream: The cream is used to make the whipped cream to top the latte. You can use a ready-made whipped cream instead, but you won’t be able to color it.
Add several drops of red food coloring to the cream and whisk on high until stiff peaks form. Place in the fridge to chill while making the latte.
Heat the milk, chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla extract together on a pan over low to medium heat. Stir frequently until the chocolate chips melt into a smooth mixture.
Remove the pan from the heat and mix in the freshly brewed coffee and a few drops of red food coloring. Top with several scoops of whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
It is really hard to get whipped cream to turn a true red unless you add a ton of coloring — and we’d prefer not to do that.
Yes. Heat the milk, vanilla, sugar and chocolate chips together for 20 seconds at a time in the microwave. Stirring to dissolve in between.
- Don’t let the latte boil. Use low to medium temperature when heating the ingredients together. Using too high a temperature can curdle the milk.
- Use high quality chocolate chips. You can taste the chocolate in this latte, so the higher quality the chocolate, the better the drink.
- Use a small handheld whisk. When making just enough whipped cream for one drink, a large whisk can be difficult to use without splashing everywhere. If you have one, use a small mini electric whisk instead.
More recipes like thisPrint
Red Velvet Latte
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 latte 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This stunning red velvet latte is the perfect drink for the winter season. Easy to make for the holidays or as a Valentine’s day treat.
- Whipped Cream:
- 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp granulated sugar
- 3-4 drops red food coloring
- Red Velvet Latte:
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coffee
- 2-3 drops red food coloring
- 1 tsp chocolate shavings (optional)
- Make the whipped cream: Add a few drops of red coloring to the cream and sugar. Using a small whisk, whip the cream, mixing the red coloring evenly, until stiff peaks form. Chill in the fridge while you make the rest of the drink.
- Make the latte: Heat the milk, chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla extract on a saucepan over low to medium heat. Stir frequently as the chocolate chips melt. Don’t let the mixture boil. Once melted into an even mixture, remove from the stovetop. Mix in the coffee and red food coloring. Top with the red whipped cream, and chocolate shavings (optional). Enjoy!
- Don’t let the latte boil. Use only low to medium heat to avoid curdling the milk.
- Use high quality chocolate chips. For the best taste, use a quality chocolate.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Lattes
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 latte
- Calories: 393
- Sugar: 40.2g
- Sodium: 127mg
- Fat: 22.3g
- Saturated Fat: 13.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.2g
- Trans Fat: 0.6g
- Carbohydrates: 42.1g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 9.9g
- Cholesterol: 54mg
Keywords: red velvet, latte recipe
Leave a Reply