This 5 minute oat milk matcha latte is a healthy and delicious vegan latte. Made with only 3 ingredients in a mason jar: oat milk, matcha powder and sugar. The quickest way to get your daily dose of matcha!
Iced lattes such as this iced chai tea latte, are easy to make at home and are the best way to start your day.
Plus, oat milk works so well with matcha. Use your extra oat milk in this oat milk hot chocolate.
For other matcha drinks, try this starbucks pineapple matcha.
Why this is the best matcha oat milk latte:
- It’s vegan. Everyone can enjoy this latte!
- It takes 5 minutes to make. This iced latte is ridiculously fast to make. You can even make it the night before and keep it chilled in the fridge so it’s ready as soon as you wake up.
- You can make it as a hot latte. If you have a few extra minutes in the morning, you can make the hot version on the stovetop.
- Matcha Powder: Use a culinary grade matcha for this latte. There are different qualities of matcha powder. You don’t need the highest end matcha powder (such as ceremonial grade matcha) for a latte, but also try not to buy a low quality, cheap powder for this drink.
Add the matcha powder and sugar to the oat milk in a mason jar.
Put on the lid and shake vigorously for a couple of minutes until almost all the matcha powder has dissolved.
Pass the mixture through a fine mesh sieve to remove the few small pieces that haven’t broken down.
Add ice and enjoy!
Yes, SO good! The slightly oaty flavor with the matcha green tea tastes delicious. And in an iced latte, it is really refreshing.
For a hot latte, heat the oat milk on low to medium heat on a saucepan. You don’t want the milk to boil, but want to bring it to an almost boil. Once the milk is hot, add it to a mug, add in the matcha powder and sugar and whisk them together. If you have a matcha whisk, use that. Since the oat milk is hot, the matcha powder should dissolve more easily than in the iced latte version. But if needed, you can pass it through a fine mesh strainer before serving.
- Use a matcha whisk. Matcha whisks are special whisks used for mixing matcha into hot water or milk. If you have one, you can use it instead of the mason jar — the mason jar method is just a quick and easy method if you don’t have one.
- Frustrated that the matcha powder isn’t dissolving? If you really want all the powder to dissolve without using a strainer, heat the oat milk on the stove and bring it almost to a boil, then pour it over the matcha powder and use a matcha whisk until it dissolves. For an iced latte, then let it cool to room temperature, then chill it in the fridge for about an hour.
- Adjust the sugar. Add as much or as little sugar as you like to this latte — it entirely depends on your preference. For the healthiest option, remove it altogether.