This healthy matcha chai latte is easy to make in only 7 minutes with just 4 ingredients. Concentrated chai tea, mixed with matcha powder, a bit of sugar for sweetness and then topped with frothed almond milk.
Why This Is The Best Green Tea Chai Latte
- Matcha + Chai. If you like both of these flavors individually, then you have to try them combined together in a latte!
- It’s vegan. This latte is made with tea, matcha powder, sugar and almond milk so all the ingredients are fully vegan.
- It’s simple to make. You could make the chai tea from scratch, but that takes a lot more time and effort. Using chai tea made from a tea bag is much simpler.
- Matcha Powder: Use a good quality culinary grade matcha powder for this recipe. You don’t need to use ceremonial matcha powder.
Steep the tea in the hot water.
Meanwhile, use a matcha whisk to dissolve the matcha powder in hot water.
Stir the sugar into the tea until it dissolves. Then mix in the matcha mixture.
Use a handheld frother to froth the almond milk for about 30 seconds. Heat the almond milk in the microwave for 20 seconds until warm.
Pour over the matcha chai tea and serve immediately.
Yes! They go very well together. Both flavors can be a bit bitter, but this latte has just enough sweetness that you can taste both matcha and chai without any bitterness.
Both matcha and coffee have caffeine, but coffee has much more caffeine than matcha does.
Yes you can. However, you need to make a chai tea concentrate. The chai tea is very concentrated in this recipe to avoid the flavor being watered down when added with the other ingredients.
- Use a matcha whisk. It can be difficult to get matcha powder to dissolve without leaving lumps of powder. A matcha whisk is a small bamboo whisk that helps dissolve matcha powder in water smoothly.
- Froth the almond milk when it is cold. Leave the almond milk in the fridge until you are ready to froth it. It won’t give the same consistency if it is frothed when warm.