This baileys hot chocolate is the perfect winter hot chocolate to make this season. Milk chocolate hot chocolate with baileys mixed in, topped with a homemade baileys whipped cream. Cozy up with a mug of this and a book by the fireplace.
Why this is the best baileys hot chocolate recipe:
- Baileys whipped cream. This homemade whipped cream made with baileys and a dash of sugar is what sets this drink apart.
- Baileys + milk chocolate. This drink is made with real milk chocolate which complements the baileys so well.
- 10 minutes to make. Just melt everything together, whip up the cream and your drink is ready.
- Baileys: You can substitute this for any similar Irish cream liqueur.
Heat the milk, cocoa powder, milk chocolate chips, sugar and vanilla extract on a pan over medium until well combined. Remove the pan from the stove and add in the baileys.
Whip the cream, baileys and sugar together until stiff peaks form. Scoop onto the hot chocolate and enjoy!
It can be, but doesn’t have to be. It should be stored in a cool, dark place, between 32 - 77 degrees Fahrenheit.
Two years from when it was manufactured, regardless of when it is opened. Follow the expiry date on the bottle.
- Don’t let it boil. Use low to medium heat to prevent the mixture from boiling. Adjust the temperature accordingly.
- Try a flavored baileys. Instead of original baileys, try a flavored version such as vanilla cinnamon baileys or hazelnut baileys.
- Make it a mocktail. Want to make this an alcohol free Baileys hot chocolate? Try using this non alcoholic Baileys Irish cream recipe.