This oreo hot chocolate is a dunkin donuts copycat that is even better than the original. A thick, creamy, rich hot chocolate that tastes like pure oreos. Made with only 3 ingredients in less than 10 minutes. A must-have winter drink for any cookies and cream lovers.
This oreo one will be your new all-time favorite drink.
Why this is the best oreo hot chocolate
- It is better than dunkin donuts. This version may be even better than the original. Why? It really tastes just like oreos, no other chocolate needed.
- It only uses 3 ingredients. Just oreos, milk and sugar.
- It’s super thick. This is a truly rich dessert drink and the thick texture gives an added element of decadence.
Separate the vanilla cream filling from the oreo cookies. Set aside for now.
Heat the oreo cookies, milk and sugar in a saucepan over low to medium heat. Whisk to combine the ingredients as the oreos melt.
After a couple minutes, the mixture will thicken up all of a sudden. Remove it from the heat, stir in the vanilla cream oreo fillings and serve.
Yes! This version is inspired by dunkin’s oreo drink.
Yes, you can add 1-2 tablespoon of chocolate chips. It tastes absolutely delicious but it does overpower the oreo flavor.
It can be. Just use gluten free oreos instead of regular ones.
When the oreos melt in the milk, they turn a gray color. This is completely normal.
- Don’t overheat the hot chocolate. This mixture is very liquidy for the first few minutes on the stove. All of a sudden, it will thicken up. Stop heating it at this point, otherwise, it will become too thick.
- Too thick? Add some milk. If you accidentally overheated the hot chocolate and want it to be thinner, stir in small amounts of milk until you get the consistency desired.