Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This non alcoholic Baileys Irish Cream recipe is the perfect Baileys substitute for a non alcoholic Irish coffee! This Baileys copycat is completely alcohol free and only takes a few minutes to make.
This alcohol free Baileys substitute works as a great coffee syrup. For other tasty flavored syrups for coffee, try this peppermint syrup, this pistachio syrup, this pumpkin spice syrup or this brown sugar syup.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Great for the holidays — Baileys is popular around the holidays, for Thanksgiving, Christmas, and throughout the winter in general. This copycat recipe is a great option for people who want holiday-flavored drinks without the alcohol.
- Versatile — Drink this alcohol free Baileys on its own, or use it to make flavored drinks, such as an Irish cream latte, Baileys hot chocolate or in Bailey’s Christmas cocktails.
- Easy to make — There are no fancy ingredients in this recipe! You can mix together your own Baileys substitute with only 6 ingredients in under 5 minutes.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Milk: Use any type of milk you have on hand. Whole milk (3.25%) will taste the creamiest. You can also use a dairy free milk such as almond milk, which will add a slight almond flavor.
- Cream: Heavy cream adds a rich texture that mimics that of real Baileys. For a vegan alternative, use coconut milk instead. However, this will give the Baileys a coconut flavor.
- Chocolate Syrup: Use store bought chocolate syrup, or make your own homemade chocolate simple syrup.
- Espresso: A dash of espresso gives this Irish cream substitute a slight coffee flavor. Use a high quality, freshly brewed espresso.
- Vanilla & Almond Extracts: The combination of almond extract and vanilla extract pull together the other flavors and add a bit of sweetness.
- If you are serving the alcohol free Baileys over ice or in a cocktail, you will need a cocktail shaker.
- A mason jar, or another type of glass airtight container is best for storing any leftover Baileys in.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the milk, cream, chocolate syrup, espresso, vanilla extract and almond extract to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
Step 2: Strain and pour into a cocktail glass filled with ice. Serve immediately.
This non alcoholic Irish cream will last about 3 to 5 days stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
Store leftovers in a glass container, rather than a plastic one to prevent any unpleasant flavors in the plastic from seeping into the Irish cream.
Because this recipe contains milk and cream, I don’t recommend freezing it.
Ways To Use
This Irish cream substitute can pretty much be used in any way that you would use regular Baileys, but here are some ideas:
- On its own — If served on its own, Baileys is best served in a lowball cocktail glass over ice. Be sure to shake the Baileys well in a cocktail shaker before serving to give it a light and frothy texture.
- Baileys Coffee — Baileys in coffee is a classic. With this non alcoholic version, you make alcohol free Irish cream lattes every morning!
- Baileys Iced Latte — In summertime, make a delicious, refreshing Baileys iced coffee topped with whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- Baileys Cocktails — Use this substitute in place of Baileys in any type of cocktail recipe, such as this Baileys hot chocolate, this Baileys espresso martini or any one of these Baileys Christmas cocktails.
- Make it a flavored Baileys. Baileys sells many versions of Baileys besides the original. You can make your own non alcoholic variations by adding in a dash of a flavored syrup. Try adding in this peppermint syrup or this pumpkin spice syrup for example.
- Shake in a cocktail shaker before serving. If you are planning to drink this Baileys on ice, shake it in a cocktail shaker filled with ice before serving. This gives the drink a light and frothy texture. If you are planning to use it for coffee, you can skip this step.
- Adjust the creaminess. Real Baileys is extra creamy. But you can adjust the creaminess to your liking. For an even creamier copycat version, replace the milk with cream. For a healthier, lighter taste, use more milk instead of cream.
No. Because this recipe contains milk and cream, it can’t be frozen.
Yes. If you want to add in alcohol, add in some Irish whiskey to taste.