Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy baileys espresso martini is the best holiday cocktail. Made with fresh espresso, Baileys, Kahlua and vodka shaken together for a simple but elegant drink.
A classic espresso martini is made with vodka, coffee liqueur and espresso. This version adds Baileys for a slightly sweeter, creamier drink.
There are lots of espresso martini variations, such as this gin espresso martini or this peppermint espresso martini.
For more baileys drinks, try this Baileys hot chocolate or this Baileys latte.
- This martini makes a delicious holiday cocktail for Thanksgiving or Christmas.
- It is an elegant cocktail that is quick and easy to prepare for a large group of people.
- It is richer, creamier and sweeter than a regular espresso martini so it will appeal to everyone.
- There are some easy substitutions to make a vegan version to meet everyone’s dietary preferences.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Baileys: Baileys adds a creamy, rich texture to this drink. If needed, you can substitute this for another brand of Irish cream liqueur.
- Espresso: Use freshly brewed, high quality espresso for the best flavor. If needed, you can substitute this for strong coffee or cold brew.
- Kahlua: Coffee liqueur adds extra coffee flavor. You can replace this with another brand of coffee liqueur, such as Tia Maria.
- Vodka: Use a medium quality vodka, save the top shelf brands for another time. Optionally, you can use vanilla vodka for a slightly sweeter flavor.
- A cocktail shaker to make the cocktail in.
- A martini or coupe glass to serve the martini in.
Step 1: Add the Baileys, espresso, Kahlua and vodka to a cocktail shaker. Add in a large handful of ice.
Step 2: Shake the cocktail shaker well until the outside is frosted. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass and serve immediately.
- Use a high quality espresso. If you use a lower quality, watered down espresso, you will taste the difference, and this drink won’t be as enjoyable.
- Chill the cocktail glasses in the fridge for an hour or in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving. This will help keep your martini chilled for longer.
- Clean your cocktail equipment well before making this drink. Any leftover drops of lime or lemon juice can make the Baileys curdle.
- To line the rim of the cocktail glasses, first slightly wet the rim of the glass with water or simple syrup. Then, dip the rim in a 1:1 combination of ground coffee beans and granulated sugar, or pure cocoa powder.
- Add in some chocolate syrup for an extra decadent dessert drink. You can use homemade chocolate simple syrup or a store bought chocolate drink syrup.
- Experiment using different flavors of Baileys, such as Baileys salted caramel, Baileys vanilla cinnamon or Baileys red velvet.
- To make this martini completely vegan, use Baileys Almande, which is Baileys’ vegan drink. Given that Kahlua is not guaranteed to be vegan, use Tia Maria instead.
Use espresso that is freshly made and slightly warm. Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously and serve immediately.
While this drink won’t spoil if you make it in advance, it will lose some flavor and texture the longer it sits. It is recommended to drink it immediately after preparation.
Freshly brewed high quality espresso will be much better than instant espresso. However, if you don’t mind the difference in quality, you can use instant espresso.
Yes. Use decaf espresso instead of regular espresso.
Baileys Espresso Martini
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 2 Martinis 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This creamy baileys espresso martini is the best holiday, after dinner cocktail!
- 3 oz Baileys
- 1 oz Espresso, freshly brewed
- 1 oz Kahlua
- ½ oz Vodka
- Add the Baileys, espresso, Kahlua and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well for 5 to 8 seconds until the outside of the cocktail shaker is frosted. Strain and serve immediately.
- How to line the rim of the glasses: First, slightly wet the rim of the glass with water or simple syrup. Then, dip the rim in a 1:1 combination of ground coffee beans and granulated sugar, or pure cocoa powder.
- Vegan version: Use Baileys Almonde instead of regular Baileys. Use Tia Maria instead of Kahlua.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Martini
- Calories: 237
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 46mg
- Fat: 7.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 18.2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 27mg
Keywords: martini recipe
Leave a Reply