Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy butterfinger drink is an easy cocktail any butterscotch fan will enjoy. It’s made with only 3 ingredients: butterscotch liqueur, Kahlua and Baileys and can be served as a cocktail or a shot.
This cocktail is the perfect after dinner dessert cocktail. For other dessert cocktails, try this baileys espresso martini or this rumchata white russian.
- The combination of butterscotch, creamy Baileys and dash of coffee liqueur make this a rich and delicious drink.
- This butterfinger drink works as either a cocktail or as a butterscotch shot.
- It is easy to make in less than 5 minutes using only 3 ingredients.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Butterscotch liqueur: There are a handful of different types of butterscotch liqueur and the brands available will vary based on region. Use whatever brand you are able to find.
- Baileys: Use original Baileys, or substitute this with another brand of Irish cream liqueur.
- Kahlua: You can replace the Kahlua with any type of coffee liqueur such as Tia Maria.
- A cocktail shaker to make the cocktail in.
- Cocktail glasses or shot glasses to serve the drink.
Step 1: Add the butterscotch liqueur, Kahlua and Baileys to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: Shake well for 5-8 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain and serve.
- For butterfinger shots instead of a butterfinger cocktail, serve this drink in shot glasses. One serving will make a little over two shots, depending on the size of your shot glasses.
- For garnish, drizzle the inside of the glass with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. You can also top the drink with whipped cream and crushed butterfinger chocolate bar chunks.
Yes, this cocktail is definitely one of the sweeter dessert cocktails you can make.
It is named after the butterfinger chocolate bar. However, unlike the candy, this drink doesn't actually have any peanut butter flavor in it.
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 Cocktail 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This creamy butterfinger drink is an easy cocktail any butterscotch fan will enjoy. It can be served as a cocktail or as a shot.
- 1 ½ oz butterscotch liqueur
- 1 ½ oz Baileys
- ¾ oz Kahlua
- Add the butterscotch liqueur, Baileys and Kahlua to a cocktail shaker filled with iced.
- Shake well for 5 to 8 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain and serve into a cocktail glass filled with fresh ice. Enjoy responsibly!
- If you are making butterfinger shots, this recipe will make a bit over 2 shots.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 Cocktail
- Calories: 297
- Sugar: 30.9g
- Sodium: 37mg
- Fat: 5.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 33.2g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: butterscotch cocktail
Leave a Reply