Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy butterfinger drink is an easy cocktail any butterscotch fan will enjoy. It’s made with only 3 ingredients: butterscotch liqueur, Kahlua and Baileys and can be served as a cocktail or a shot.
- The combination of butterscotch, creamy Baileys and dash of coffee liqueur make this a rich and delicious drink.
- This butterfinger drink works as either a cocktail or as a butterscotch shot.
- It is easy to make in less than 5 minutes using only 3 ingredients.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Butterscotch liqueur: There are a handful of different types of butterscotch liqueur and the brands available will vary based on region. Use whatever brand you are able to find.
- Baileys: Use original Baileys, or substitute this with another brand of Irish cream liqueur.
- Kahlua: You can replace the Kahlua with any type of coffee liqueur such as Tia Maria.
Step 1: Add the butterscotch liqueur, Kahlua and Baileys to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: Shake well for 5-8 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain and serve.
- For butterfinger shots instead of a butterfinger cocktail, serve this drink in shot glasses. One serving will make a little over two shots, depending on the size of your shot glasses.
- For garnish, drizzle the inside of the glass with chocolate sauce or caramel sauce. You can also top the drink with whipped cream and crushed butterfinger chocolate bar chunks.
Yes, this cocktail is definitely one of the sweeter dessert cocktails you can make.
It is named after the butterfinger chocolate bar. However, unlike the candy, this drink doesn't actually have any peanut butter flavor in it.