Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy RumChata White Russian is an easy, 4 ingredient cocktail. Cinnamon and vanilla based RumChata, milk, vodka and kahlua. This makes the perfect after dinner or holiday cocktail.
This RumChata white russian is delicious any time of the year, but especially at Christmas time. This RumChata eggnog cocktail is also a delicious, easy to make holiday cocktail.
- It takes 3 minutes to make. You don’t even need a cocktail shaker for this drink. Just mix all the ingredients together.
- Creamy & Delicious. The RumChata makes this drink way creamier and more flavourful than a regular White Russian.
- It’s the perfect after dinner or holiday cocktail. This drink is great for an after dinner dessert drink. It is especially delicious around the holidays too!
What is RumChata?
RumChata is a unique creamy liqueur made with rum, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Its name originates as a cross between Rum and the Spanish drink, Horchata.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- RumChata: You should be able to find RumChata at your local liquor store. If not, you can order it online.
- Kahlua: You can substitute this with any brand of coffee liqueur. You could also use espresso instead of Kahlua if you prefer.
- Vodka: Use your favorite brand of vodka, or whatever you have on hand.
- Milk: Use 3% whole milk. Don’t use 2% or skim milk.
- Low ball cocktail glasses to serve the white russian in.
- A cocktail spoon to stir the ingredients together.
Step 1: Add the Kahlua and vodka to a lowball cocktail glass filled with ice.
Step 2: Pour the RumChata and milk in the glass.
Step 3: Use a long metal spoon to stir the drink, creating a swirl effect.
- Add a cinnamon & sugar rim. Dip the rim of each cocktail glass in simple syrup. Then press it into a half-half mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Use cream instead of milk. For an extra rich drink, substitute the milk for cream or half and half.
- Fill the glass completely full of ice. White russians are strong drinks and as a result have less liquid. Filling the glass full of ice to compensate.
- Adjust the proportion of ingredients. Add more Kahlua for a stronger coffee flavor. Add more RumChata or remove the cream for a stronger RumChata flavor. Add more or less vodka based on your preference.
- Chill the liquor before making. Chill the liquor in the fridge for an hour or so beforehand so your drink stays colder longer.
- Less Alcohol: This RumChata white russian is a strong drink. If you want to decrease the amount of alcohol in it, leave out the vodka and replace the Kahlua with espresso.
- Peppermint RumChata: At Christmas time you can find peppermint RumChata, which tastes delicious in this white russian!
- Baileys add-in: Add in a shot of Baileys for an extra creamy, slightly chocolatey white russian.
RumChata has about 13.5% alcohol content, making it similar to strong wine.
Even though RumChata is cream-based, you don’t need to refrigerate it after opening it. Store it at room temperature, away from heat. For the best taste, consume within 6 months of opening.