Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy RumChata eggnog cocktail is an easy holiday drink to make for Christmas. It’s made with only 2 ingredients, and can be easily customized with optional add-ins.
RumChata is a rich, creamy liqueur that is delicious all on its own, but it can also be used in a variety of cocktails as well.
RumChata makes excellent creamy holiday cocktails, such as this RumChata white Russian for Christmas, or this pumpkin RumChata martini for fall.
RumChata can also be used to make RumChata pudding shots which are perfect for a holiday party.
Some other creamy holiday cocktails include this peppermint espresso martini or this Amaretto hot chocolate.
If you’re looking for more ways to use eggnog at Christmas time, try one of these Christmas Eggnog Drinks.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Both eggnog and RumChata are creamy seasonal drinks that are especially popular around the holidays. The combination of them together makes the best Christmas cocktail.
- This cocktail has only 2 ingredients! It is incredibly simple to make in just a few minutes.
- It is easily customizable. There are lots of suggestions below for optional add-ins. Or, just drink it as is!
What Is RumChata?
RumChata is a unique creamy liqueur made with rum, cream, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Its name originates from a cross between Rum and the Spanish drink, Horchata.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Eggnog: This recipe uses store bought eggnog to save time, but you can use homemade eggnog as well. If you are making your own eggnog, let it fully chill in the fridge before making this cocktail.
- RumChata: RumChata is fairly easy to find, and you should have some at a liquor store near you. However, not all stores carry it, so check before going.
This simple cocktail is delicious with just two ingredients, but if you want to get creative, here are some ideas for optional extras you can mix into this drink:
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Syrup
- Fireball Whiskey
- Peppermint Syrup
- Pumpkin Syrup
- Vanilla Vodka
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the RumChata and eggnog to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Step 2: Garnish with optional toppings, including whipped cream, chocolate shavings or nutmeg.
How To Make A Cinnamon Sugar Rim
To make a cinnamon sugar rim, first mix together 1 tablespoon of sugar and ½ teaspoon cinnamon on a small flat plate. You can use either granulated sugar or brown sugar.
Wet the rim of the cocktail glass with a small amount of water. Or, run a small amount of agave syrup or simple syrup around the edge.
Next, roll the edge of the glass in the cinnamon brown sugar mixture, pressing gently to get the mixture to stick.
Once done, lay the glasses upside down on a paper towel and place in the fridge to chill and set.
How To Serve For A Large Group
If you are planning to serve this cocktail for a group of guests, here are some suggestions:
- Double, triple or quadruple the recipe, depending on the number of guests you will have.
- Make a large batch of the cocktail a few hours in advance by mixing the ingredients together. Don’t shake them together in a cocktail shaker or this will water down the drink. Store covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
- If you’ve made the cocktail in advance, stir very well before serving. Optionally, shake small portions in a cocktail shaker immediately before serving guests.
- If serving in a punch bowl for guests to serve themselves, serve the punch bowl on ice so the cocktail stays chilled.
- Add some garnish. Top this cocktail with brown sugar whipped cream, a sprinkle of chocolate shavings, or a dash of nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Adjust the amount of RumChata. Adjust the strength of your cocktail by adding more or less RumChata. For a stronger drink add more RumChata, or add in a shot of another liquor, such as bourbon or Baileys.
- Don’t serve over ice. Serving this drink on ice will water it down and taste unpleasant. Instead, chill cocktail glasses in the freezer or fridge before serving guests to keep the drink cold for longer.
- Make a vegan version. If you have guests that are vegan or dairy-free, make them a vegan version of this cocktail. Use an eggless eggnog or a vegan eggnog and substitute the RumChata for Baileys Almande.
No. Once opened RumChata can be stored at room temperature, away from any heat sources.
No. You can simply mix together the RumChata and eggnog. Serve in chilled glasses rather than over ice to prevent watering the drink down.
Homemade eggnog generally lasts 2 to 3 days. Store bought eggnog lasts between 5 to 7 days once opened. Always store eggnog in the fridge.
RumChata Eggnog Cocktail
- Total Time: 3 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This creamy RumChata eggnog cocktail is an easy holiday drink to make for Christmas.
- 1 cup eggnog
- ½ cup RumChata
- Add the eggnog and RumChata to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well for 10 to 15 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosted.
- Strain, pouring into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Top with whipped cream, and a sprinkle of nutmeg. Serve immediately.
- Optional Add-Ins: Baileys, bourbon, fireball whiskey, peppermint syrup, pumpkin syrup, chocolate simple syrup, or vanilla vodka.
- Vegan version: Use a vegan eggnog and replace the RumChata with Baileys Almande.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 10.5g
- Sodium: 73mg
- Fat: 10.9g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.9g
- Trans Fat: 0.2g
- Carbohydrates: 10.4g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 6.4g
- Cholesterol: 92mg
Keywords: eggnog cocktail, christmas cocktails
Leave a Reply