Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy Baileys iced coffee is the perfect drink to make for a holiday brunch. Made with Baileys, milk, coffee and a homemade chocolate syrup. This drink is an easy, cozy Christmas drink!
Drinks with Baileys are great for making around the holidays. For other Baileys drinks, try this baileys latte, this baileys hot chocolate, or this baileys espresso martini.
For other holiday dessert drinks, try this amaretto hot chocolate or this pumpkin rumchata martini.
- The secret ingredient in this cocktail is the homemade chocolate syrup that adds an extra-rich chocolate flavor.
- Baileys iced coffee makes a delicious holiday cocktail, but since it is iced, it also works well as a summer drink.
- Make this drink for either a holiday or birthday brunch or as an after dinner Christmas cocktail.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Coffee: Cold brew coffee will taste best in this drink. You can either make your own, or buy some pre-made at the store. If you prefer, you can also use coffee that has been chilled.
- Baileys: I use original Baileys, but you can use any brand of Irish Cream liqueur.
- Milk: Whole (3%) milk will add the most creaminess to this drink. However, you can replace this with 2% milk, or a milk alternative such as almond or oat milk.
- A whisk to mix together the ingredients for the chocolate syrup.
- A non-stick pan to make the chocolate syrup in.
- A mason jar to store any leftover chocolate syrup or to make your own cold brew coffee in.
Step 1: In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, water and sugar together until well combined.
Step 2: In a nonstick pan, heat the mixture together over medium heat. Continue to heat, bringing the mixture to a gentle simmer. Don’t let it boil. Heat for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar has completely dissolved. Once dissolved, remove the syrup from the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
Step 3: Mix the cold brew coffee, milk, Baileys and chocolate syrup together and serve in a glass filled with ice.
Step 4: Optionally, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Storage & Make Ahead
To save time when preparing this drink, make the chocolate simple syrup and the cold brew coffee ahead of time. The chocolate syrup should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. The cold brew coffee will last in the fridge for up to 10 days.
This Baileys iced coffee tastes best when it is assembled right before serving. However, if you do have any leftovers, remove the ice from the coffee and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Chill all the ingredients in the fridge before assembling this drink. This will help keep the drink cold and will prevent the ice cubes from watering down the drink as much.
- Don’t boil the chocolate syrup. The syrup should come to a very gentle simmer. If needed, reduce the heat. Boiling the syrup can cause too much water to evaporate, leaving you with a thick, sticky syrup.
- This drink is on the sweeter side, if you prefer a stronger coffee drink, add an extra 1 to 3 oz of coffee.
- If you are not comfortable measuring in ounces, convert to tablespoons. 1 oz = 2 tablespoons.
- Flavored: Baileys offers a variety of flavors apart from their original recipe. Try a different flavor, such as Baileys espresso creme, or Baileys vanilla cinnamon.
- Vegan: To make this drink vegan, use Baileys Almande (which is Baileys’ vegan product), and replace the cow’s milk with almond or oat milk.
Yes, but it may have a slightly artificial taste. You may need to adjust the amount of chocolate syrup added as each brand of syrup will vary slightly.
Yes. You can use a decaf cold brew, or decaf chilled coffee instead of caffeinated coffee.
Baileys Iced Coffee
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This creamy Baileys iced coffee is the perfect drink to make for a holiday brunch or as an easy, cozy Christmas drink!
- Chocolate Simple Syrup:
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- Baileys Iced Coffee:
- 3 oz coffee, chilled
- 3 oz milk
- 2 oz Baileys
- 2 oz chocolate simple syrup
- whipped cream (optional)
- First, make the chocolate simple syrup: In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder, water and sugar together until well combined.
- Heat the mixture on a small pan over medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 to 10 minutes until the sugar has fully dissolved.
- Once dissolved, remove the chocolate syrup from the stove and let it cool for 5 minutes.
- Next, make the Baileys iced coffee: Mix the chilled coffee, milk, Baileys and chocolate syrup together. Serve in a glass filled with iced. Optionally, top with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
- Vegan version: Use Baileys Almande instead of the original recipe. Replace the cow’s milk with almond or oat milk.
- Storage: Store leftover chocolate simple syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Iced Coffee
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 396
- Sugar: 49.6g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Fat: 7.3g
- Saturated Fat: 5.9g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.4g
- Trans Fat: 0.1g
- Carbohydrates: 56.4g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 6.1g
- Cholesterol: 31mg
Keywords: baileys coffee, iced coffee
Leave a Reply