A creamy refreshing pineapple mango smoothie. Made with only four ingredients: pineapples, mangos, a bit of banana and orange juice. Make with fresh fruit for a smooth, creamy version or frozen fruit for a slushier smoothie.
McDonald’s has great smoothie recipes and their pineapple mango smoothie is probably my favorite, even when it is cold outside. I wanted to figure out how to make a copycat pineapple mango smoothie that would be easy to make at home and that I could have every time I was craving it.
Even though it is winter time now, I still love cold smoothies (as long as I’m inside where it’s cozy and warm). It can be hard to find fresh mangoes but you can use frozen fruit here instead and it really goes well for this smoothie. If you are looking for the closest authentic McDonald’s version, go for the frozen fruit version.
Pineapple Mango Smoothie Ingredients:
- Pineapple — Cut the pineapple into chunks that are easy to blend. Pineapples are easy to find this time of year but you can use frozen ones too.
- Mango — Cut the mango into blendable chunks as well. I used frozen mango since that is what I had (plus it will taste more like the McDonald’s version).
- Banana — This adds a little bit of thickness and smoothness to the smoothie consistency. I always love bananas in a smoothie.
- Orange Juice — a bit of liquid for blending everything up. If you are using all frozen fruits for this recipe, you may need to add a bit more orange juice to get everything the consistency that you prefer.
Can I make this smoothie in advance?
This pineapple mango smoothie is best freshly blended. I find that smoothies made in advance and left to sit (even if in the fridge) kind of get a little… ick.
However, you can prep this in advance so that you can make it in 30 seconds — cut the mangos, pineapple and banana and freeze these ingredients in a ziplock. In the morning, dump them in the blender add the orange juice and blend for a fresh, frozen smoothie.Print
A refreshing pineapple mango smoothie - just like the McDonald’s version! Make with fresh fruit for a smooth, creamy drink or frozen fruit for a slushier smoothie.
- 1 cup mango chunks
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- ½ banana
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Add the mango, pineapple chunks, banana and orange juice to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- If you want a more slushie-like smoothie, use frozen fruit instead of fresh fruit.
- If you use frozen fruit, you may need to add a bit more orange juice to make the smoothie smoother.
- Want a more creamy, thick smoothie? Add in a bit of plain yogurt.
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 glass
- Calories: 182
- Sugar: 37.1g
- Sodium: 3.2mg
- Fat: 0.9g
- Saturated Fat: 0.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.4g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 4.75g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 0g