This creamy chocolate mango smoothie is made with just 3 ingredients: mangoes, chocolate milk and a banana. A super quick, 5 minute, healthy breakfast drink.
Chocolate smoothies, such as this strawberry banana chocolate smoothie taste like dessert for breakfast, without the dessert calories.
Why This Is The Best Chocolate Mango Smoothie:
- Only 3 ingredients. Mangoes, chocolate milk and a banana. This smoothie is quick and simple to make.
- It uses frozen mango. Store a large bag of frozen mangoes in your freezer and you can make this drink any time of the year.
- It’s healthy but tastes like dessert. The chocolate and mango combination makes this taste like dessert!
Do mango and chocolate go together?
Yes! As a general rule, chocolate goes with everything, and a chocolate mango smoothie is no exception.
Mangoes blend to add a creamy richness to this chocolate smoothie. A thick, chocolate drink with sweet mango flavor.
Can you substitute cocoa powder or hot chocolate mix for the chocolate milk?
Chocolate milk is the simplest (and best tasting) way to make this smoothie. Chocolate milk adds the purest and most authentic chocolate taste.
However, if you only have regular milk on hand, the second best option is to use hot chocolate powder mix. Add 4 tablespoons of hot chocolate powder to a cup of milk as a substitute.
Cocoa powder is not recommended for this smoothie. It is not as sweet as hot chocolate mix and can add a more bitter taste.
- To make this smoothie vegan: Use chocolate almond milk instead of cow’s milk for a vegan and dairy free smoothie.
- If you are using fresh mango: Add slightly less chocolate milk before blending. Fresh mango has more juice and may lead to a more liquidy smoothie. Additionally, add in some ice cubes to get the right smoothie consistency.