This pear mango smoothie is perfect for a light refreshing breakfast or to accompany a giant breakfast meal. Made with pears, mango, milk and Greek yogurt.
Mangoes are my favorite fruit and they go so well with pretty much any other flavor in smoothie form. The combination of mangoes and pears makes this a light, tasty smoothie that is not overly sweet or heavy for an early morning meal. If you are craving a slightly more decadent smoothie, try this chocolate mango smoothie recipe.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pears. Any type works, they will all taste good. Can be fresh or frozen but you don’t often see frozen pears in stores so fresh will likely be your best bet.
- Mangoes. Fresh or frozen both work.
- Milk. If you want to substitute another type of milk here like almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk that would work too. Keep in mind that since this is not an overly strong flavoured smoothie, the flavor of the milk substitute you choose to use will come through.
- Greek Yogurt. Use a plain flavoured Greek yogurt or one that is pear or mango flavoured if you can find it.
Do you need Greek yogurt in smoothies?
I love Greek yogurt in smoothies because it adds both thickness and creaminess to the texture. If you prefer or don’t mind a slightly thinner or liquidy smoothie, then you can use regular yogurt instead. Similarly if you want to make the smoothie thicker, add extra Greek yogurt, and if you want a more liquid smoothie, add a bit of extra milk.
Some fruits add more thickness than others to a smoothie. For this one, without Greek yogurt, the smoothie will be too runny. If you don’t have or don’t want to use Greek yogurt, use frozen fruit instead of fresh, add a few more mangoes slices than pears and throw in a banana to add some more thickness to the smoothie.
How can I make this pear mango smoothie more nutritious?
This is already a healthy breakfast but if you want to add some extra nutrients, try adding some nuts such as almonds or walnuts, and chia or flax seeds.
Other smoothie recipes to try:Print
Pear Mango Smoothie
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Diet: Vegetarian
This pear mango smoothie is perfect for a light refreshing breakfast. Made with pears, mango, milk and Greek yogurt.
- 1 small pear
- ½ mango
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- Roughly chop the pear and mangoes.
- Blend the pear, mango, milk and Greek yogurt together until smooth.
- If you want to make this smoothie thicker, add more Greek yogurt and remove some milk. If you want to make it more liquidy, add more milk.
- If you are using frozen fruits, you may need to add more milk as the frozen fruits will add thickness to the smoothie.
- This recipe makes 2 servings each about a ½ cup. This is a good size if it is accompanying a meal, however, if the smoothie is your full meal, use this recipe as one serving size.
- Prep Time: 3 min
- Cook Time: 2 min
- Category: smoothies, drinks
- Method: blended
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 205g
- Calories: 113.5
- Sugar: 18.8g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.8g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 21.9g
- Fiber: 3.6g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: pear, mango, breakfast smoothie
Leave a Reply