This is the best papaya smoothie you can make for a healthy breakfast. It’s vegan and made with only 5 ingredients: papaya, coconut milk, mango, pineapple and maple syrup, for the perfect blend of tropical flavors!
Papaya goes so well in smoothies. This papaya avocado smoothie is another great papaya smoothie to try.
Why This Is The Best Papaya Smoothie Recipe
- Tropical flavors. Papaya, mango, pineapple and coconut are all delicious tropical flavors that go together so well in this smoothie.
- It’s vegan. You don’t need to make any substitutions, this recipe is vegan as is.
- It’s a great way to use up extra papaya. If you have fresh papaya that is beginning to get a bit soft and is no longer as enjoyable to eat, using it in a smoothie is the best way to use it up.
Add the papaya, mango, pineapple, coconut milk and maple syrup to a blender and blend well until smooth.
Papayas go well with many fruits such as coconuts, lemons, limes, mangoes, oranges, passion fruits, peaches, pineapples, bananas, kiwis and strawberries.
Yes. You can substitute the coconut milk for juice. If you want to make it less sugary, substitute the coconut milk with a combination of juice and water.
Yes. You can freeze papaya chunks in advance so you can store them longer. When using frozen papaya chunks for this smoothie, you may need to add a bit more coconut milk to get the right consistency.
- Use a high quality blender. A good blender makes a huge difference when making smoothies. Use a blender cup rather than the large blender attachment as the smaller cup tends to make a smoother smoothie.
- Don’t make this smoothie in advance. Smoothies taste best when made fresh. It’s best to make them right before drinking them. To save time, portion out the fruit, coconut milk and maple syrup so they are ready to throw in the blender when you are ready to make the smoothie.
- To reduce the calories: Coconut milk is healthy, but higher in calories than other non-dairy milks. To reduce the calories, substitute ½ to ⅔ of the coconut milk with almond milk instead.