This refreshing watermelon pineapple smoothie has only two ingredients, making it the easiest and fastest summer smoothie to make. With its slightly slushy texture and tropical flavor, this drink is a definite crowd pleaser.
Why this is the best pineapple watermelon smoothie:
- It has only 2 ingredients. This smoothie takes basically no effort at all, and can be made in just a couple of minutes.
- It’s so refreshing. Just because it only has 2 ingredients doesn’t mean it tastes bland. This watermelon smoothie is delicious, slightly slushy and SO refreshing. Perfect for a hot summer day.
- It’s easy to make for a large group. This drink goes great with a summer barbecue. And it’s just as fast to make for one person as it is for ten.
- Watermelon: It’s watermelon season! Use fresh seedless watermelon. If you can’t find seedless watermelon, remove the seeds before blending it.
- Pineapple: Frozen pineapple adds texture and thickness. The watermelon becomes very liquidy when blended and the pineapple balances it out.
How to make a pineapple and watermelon smoothie:
Add the watermelon and frozen pineapple to a blender. Pulse a few times to break down the watermelon. Then blend for 5-10 seconds on high just until all the pineapple chunks have broken down. You should have a thick, frozen smoothie.
Frozen watermelon doesn’t hold up too well. This smoothie is best with frozen pineapple and fresh watermelon for the perfect texture.
You can definitely make this watermelon and pineapple smoothie with yogurt. It will add a slight tanginess, and creamy consistency. Add a few spoonfuls at a time to get the right consistency.
- If you use fresh pineapple, add in ice. You can use both fresh watermelon and fresh pineapple for this smoothie, but it will be too watery without an adjustment. Add in a handful of ice to add thickness and get a slushy consistency.
- Place the watermelon chunks close to the blades. As the watermelon blends, it will become liquid. This will help the rest of the smoothie blend together. If you put the frozen pineapple around the blades, the blades can get stuck and you may have to shake the blender a few times to get everything to mix together.
- Prep fruits in advance. This smoothie doesn’t stay fresh for long. It is best to drink it immediately after it is blended. However, you can prep the fruit in advance by measuring out the pineapple into a ziploc and cutting the watermelon into blendable sized chunks.