This creamy, nutritious blueberry tahini smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients: blueberries, almonds, dates, and a banana. Use regular milk or almond milk for the liquid, and a dash of honey (or maple syrup for the vegan version) for sweetness.
This blueberry tahini smoothie is for all the people who like smoothies but not when they’re overly sweet and sugary. I love both types (depending on my mood). But this one definitely falls into the category of healthy smoothie — kind of like this Simple Carrot, Apple, Kale & Ginger Smoothie.
This smoothie is so filling. You really could drink this one as it’s own breakfast and not feel hungry right away after — thanks to the banana, almonds and dates. If you want more ways to use dates, try these Banana Date Oat Muffins.
And tahini in a smoothie? It actually works — especially with the dates that it pairs so well with.
What is Tahini?
Tahini is made from ground sesame. It is mostly used in different types of hummus or baba ghanouj, but has many other uses as well. You can find tahini in a jar somewhere in the condiment or oil aisle of your grocery store.
Store tahini in the fridge once you open the jar to keep it freshest. Stir the tahini well before using it as the oil can separate to the top after it sits for a while.
Ingredients for Blueberry Tahini Smoothie:
- Blueberries— For this recipe I prefer fresh blueberries since I like this smoothie less slushie-like. But if you use frozen blueberries, you may need to add a little more milk to get a smoother consistency.
- Almonds — These add some protein and make the smoothie more filling.
- Banana — for a smoother smoothie consistency
- Tahini — just a tablespoon is enough for flavor and creaminess
- Medjool Dates — the fresher, the better
- Honey — if you want to make this smoothie vegan, use maple syrup instead
- Milk — I used regular milk, but you can use whatever type you prefer (almond milk, oat milk etc.). If you do use almond milk, you may want to cut back slightly on the amount of almonds you add to the smoothie to avoid overdoing the almond flavor.
Other smoothie recipes you may like:Print
This creamy, nutritious blueberry tahini smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients for a delicious breakfast.
- ⅔ cup blueberries
- ⅛ cup almonds
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 2 Medjool dates
- 2 tsp honey
- ½ cup milk
- Add the blueberries, almonds, banana, tahini, dates, honey and milk to a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Adjust the amount of milk to get the consistency you like.
- To make this smoothie vegan, substitute the honey for maple syrup. Substitute the milk for almond milk — you may want to halve the amount of almonds or remove them completely to avoid overdoing the almond flavor.
- Category: Smoothies
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 small serving (½ of recipe)
- Calories: 267
- Sugar: 26.7g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 9.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7.5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 42.6g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 6.5g
- Cholesterol: 5mg
Keywords: blueberry tahini smoothie, blueberry, tahini, healthy smoothies