This healthy mango spinach smoothie is an easy breakfast smoothie. Packed with fresh spinach, mango, banana and a scoop of chia seeds. A pure green mango smoothie, full of flavor and vitamins.
Why this is the best spinach mango smoothie
- Healthy + Delicious. Not all healthy smoothies are as tasty as this one is. But the combination of mango and spinach adds just the right amount of sweetness and fruity flavor to complement the spinach.
- Packed with spinach. Spinach smoothies are a great way to get a large serving of greens. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover spinach before it goes bad.
- Make it all year round. This smoothie uses frozen mangos so you can make it any time of the year!
- Mango: You can use fresh mangos instead of frozen, but this may add slightly more liquid to your smoothie. Either reduce the amount of water you add or add in some ice to get the right consistency.
How to make this green mango smoothie
Add the spinach, mango chunks, banana, water and chia seeds to a blender. Place the spinach closest to the blades.
Pulse the blender a few times, and then blend for 30 seconds until smooth. If needed add a couple extra tablespoons of water to smooth out the smoothie.
Spinach is always a healthy ingredient to add to smoothies, but not all smoothies with spinach are healthy. Overly fruity smoothies can add a lot of sugar. This smoothie has some mango fruit, but uses water instead of fruit juices, so the sugar is minimal.
This smoothie tastes best when made and served fresh, but you can make it in advance the night before. Store it in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Use a high quality blender. A quality blender will break down the spinach smoothly so there are no spinach pieces in your drink.
- Adjust the amount of water. If you add in chia seeds, you may need to add some more water to even out the consistency. Add a couple tablespoons at a time.