This deliciously healthy chocolate pineapple smoothie is made with fresh pineapple, hot chocolate powder, yogurt and milk. Blended together in under 3 minutes for an energizing breakfast smoothie!
Who doesn’t love pineapple for breakfast? And on that note, who doesn’t love chocolate for breakfast? Maybe it is the tanginess of pineapples that I find especially energizing, but they are one of the best breakfast fruits.
I could just eat pineapple chunks straight up for breakfast, but sometimes I am craving something a bit sweet.. like chocolate.
The sourness of pineapple and sweetness of chocolate together in a creamy blended smoothly is what makes this such a delicious drink.
Hot Chocolate Mix Powder in a Smoothie?
In my other favorite chocolate mango smoothie, I talked about how I normally prefer hot chocolate powder for smoothie recipes.
Many chocolate smoothie recipes use cocoa powder. However, on its own, cocoa powder is bitter, not sweet. So you would have to add some other kind of sweetener to make it taste more sugary.
I find hot chocolate powder is a quick and easy way to make a great tasting and purely chocolatey smoothie when mixed with fruits — and with pineapple it works great too.
Ingredients for this chocolate pineapple smoothie:
- Pineapple. Fresh pineapple is great but frozen pineapple chunks will also taste fantastic. Pineapple is one of those fruits that’s easy to find frozen and does actually taste good if blended from being frozen.
- Greek yogurt. You can use regular yogurt here instead as well. Yogurt just helps add some creaminess and smoothness to the smoothie.
- Milk. Milk helps to thin out the smoothie slightly. Add more or less depending on your preference.
- Hot Chocolate Powder. Use whatever type you have on hand. As mentioned above, if you do want to substitute this for cocoa powder, add some kind of sweetener like sugar or honey to stop the cocoa from being too bitter.
Other Smoothie recipes to try:
Pair this smoothie with freshly baked muffins:Print
This deliciously healthy chocolate pineapple smoothie is made with fresh pineapple and hot chocolate mix powder for an energizing breakfast!
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- 3 tbsp hot chocolate powder
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup plain greek yogurt
- Add the pineapple chunks, hot chocolate powder, milk and Greek yogurt to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add more milk to make the smoothie thinner. Add less milk or more Greek yogurt to thicken the smoothie to your liking.
- Category: Smoothies, breakfast smoothie
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: ~¾ cup
- Calories: 275
- Sugar: 36.2g
- Sodium: 273mg
- Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 2.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.2g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 51g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: Pineapple smoothie, chocolate pineapple smoothie, chocolate smoothie, breakfast smoothie