Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These Tequila Rose Pudding Shots are easy to make and taste absolutely delicious! These are the perfect pudding shots for a party or for Valentine’s Day.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Valentine’s Recipe — The pink color of these Tequila Rose Shots makes them great as Valentine’s Shots for a date night or a Galentine’s party.
- They taste like dessert — These pudding shots are so delicious, they taste like creamy strawberry pudding.
- Easy to make — It takes just a few minutes to prep these pudding shots so they are easy to make in advance for a large group of guests.
What Is Tequila Rose?
Tequila Rose is a cream liqueur that is a combination of strawberry cream liqueur and tequila.
It is not as strong as a tequila, and is easily drinkable all on its own.
It is light pink in color (making it great for Valentine’s Day!), and it works well in a number of dessert cocktails or dessert-like shots.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Tequila Rose: You should be able to find Tequila Rose in your local alcohol store. As a substitution, you can use another type of strawberry cream liqueur, such as Baileys Strawberries & Cream.
- Vanilla Pudding: You will need one pack of instant Vanilla pudding. Vanilla is the easiest flavor to find, but if you have the option, white chocolate pudding or strawberry pudding would also be great substitutions.
- Milk: Any type of milk will work. You can use a dairy-free milk as a substitute - almond milk would probably taste the best.
- Strawberry Syrup: You can use a homemade strawberry syrup or a store bought one. This syrup adds in a bit of extra strawberry flavor.
- Cool Whip: Cool whip adds lightness and creaminess to these shots recipes.
How To Make Pudding Shots With Tequila Rose
Step 1: Mix the instant pudding powder, Tequila Rose, milk and strawberry syrup together until smooth.
Step 2: Fold in the Cool Whip, gently stirring until smooth.
Step 3: Divide the mixture into shot glasses and let the pudding set in the fridge for 30 minutes.
These Tequila Rose Pudding Shots can be made up to 3 to 4 days in advance. Store the shots covered in the fridge.
If the pudding shots have been sitting in the fridge for a while, the Tequila Rose can slightly sink to the bottom, making the bottom of the shot more concentrated.
Before serving, gently stir the pudding shots. Then, add any toppings and serve immediately.
- Add in a drop of red food coloring. These shots will turn out a light pale pink color (from the Tequila Rose). However, for a brighter pink or reddish color, stir in 1 to 3 drops of red food coloring when mixing the ingredients together.
- Divide the shots before they set. Once you have mixed in the Cool Whip, divide the pudding shots into the containers you want to serve them in before they set. Once the shots have set, they won’t transfer as smoothly.
- Wait a minute to help the ingredients dissolve. When you are mixing the ingredients together, if you find the powder or the Cool Whip is not fully dissolving, wait a minute and then stir again. This will help you get a much smoother mixture.
Yes. You can replace some of the Tequila Rose with another type of alcohol, such as Tequila or vodka.
Depending on the size of your shot or shooter glasses, this recipe will make about 8 to 10 pudding shots.