Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Chocolate Cherry Martini is a tasty Valentine’s Day dessert cocktail recipe that is easy to make in under 5 minutes. It’s great for date night or a Galentine’s get together.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Valentine’s Cocktail — With a combination of chocolate and cherry flavors, this is the perfect Valentine’s Day cocktail. Plus, if you use white chocolate, this drink will turn out pink, which fits the theme even more!
- Chocolate & Cherry — There is a perfect balance of chocolate and cherry flavors in this drink that is absolutely delicious! It tastes just like you are eating a rich chocolate cherry cake.
- Date Night Drink — This is an easy recipe to make for date night. You can whip up a couple cocktails in under 5 minutes.
- Vodka: If you can find it, cherry vodka is the best option for this drink, but regular vodka works just as well. There will still be enough cherry flavor from the cherry syrup.
- Crème de Cacao: Crème de cacao is a rich, creamy dark chocolate liqueur. However, you can use any type of chocolate liqueur. If you can’t find chocolate liqueur, or if you prefer a sweeter taste, you can use Baileys instead.
- Chocolate Syrup: Use a chocolate drink syrup — this can be either a store bought one, or a homemade chocolate simple syrup.
- Cherry Syrup: There are several options for store bought cherry syrup, use whichever you are able to find.
- Cream: Heavy cream adds a richness to this cocktail, but you can replace it with half and half or regular milk for a lighter taste.
How To Make A Chocolate Cherry Martini
Step 1: Add a drizzle of chocolate syrup around the inside of the martini glass.
Step 2: Add the vodka, crème de cacao, cream, chocolate syrup and cherry syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain.
- Add garnish. Some garnish ideas include maraschino cherries, a chocolate martini glass rim, a dollop of whipped cream or a sprinkle or chocolate shavings.
- Chill the glasses. Dessert martinis taste especially good when they are ice cold. Chill the martini glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving the drink.
- Make it with white chocolate. Try replacing the crème de cacao with white chocolate liqueur and replacing the chocolate sauce with white chocolate syrup. This will make a sweeter drink and the cocktail will also be pinker in color (perfect for Valentine’s Day!).
I don’t recommend making this cocktail in advance. It tastes best when it is consumed as soon as it has been shaken.
Yes. You can replace the crème de cacao with Godiva chocolate (or white chocolate) liqueur.
Yes. For a pink colored drink, replace the crème de cacao with Godiva white chocolate liqueur and use white chocolate drink syrup instead of chocolate syrup.