Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These gingerbread shots are easy to make, festive shots that are perfect for a Christmas party. Made with 4 ingredients in 5 minutes.
Gingerbread cookies are great for the holidays — but so are gingerbread flavored drinks!
These gingerbread man shots are similar to this Outback Gingerbread Martini, but in shot form instead.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Gingerbread Syrup — Unlike other gingerbread man shot recipes, these shots are actually made with gingerbread syrup which really gives them a gingerbread flavor, rather than just a “gingerbread-like” flavor.
- Festive — Anything gingerbread flavored screams of Christmas time. These sweet gingerbread shots are the perfect festive recipe for any holiday party or dinner.
- Easy To Make — There are only 4 ingredients in these shots and it is easy to make a large batch for a crowd in just a few minutes.
- Delicious — These shots taste just like a gingerbread dessert! They are a great sweet treat to serve after dinner.
- Gingerbread Syrup: You can make your own gingerbread syrup, but it is much easier to use a store bought one. I use Monin’s gingerbread syrup, but you can use any brand you like.
- Baileys: Use regular Original Baileys, or another type of Irish cream liqueur.
- Goldschlager: Goldschlager is a type of cinnamon schnapps. If you can’t find Goldschlager, use any type of cinnamon schnapps that you can find. Or, alternatively, replace it with butterscotch schnapps.
- RumChata: RumChata is a creamy cinnamon flavored liqueur. As a replacement, you can use more Baileys.
How To Make Gingerbread Shots
Step 1: Line the rims of the shot glasses with a small amount of gingerbread syrup. Press into gingerbread crumbs or a mixture of cinnamon and brown sugar.
Step 2: Add the Baileys, Goldschlager, RumChata and gingerbread syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain into 3 shot glasses.
- Adjust the alcohol. This recipe is forgiving. You can adjust the quantities of each alcohol and still have a delicious result. If you want to make the shots less sweet, reduce the amount of Baileys and Goldschlagger and add in an ounce of vodka.
- Add garnish. If you are serving these shots for a group of people at a party, add some garnish to make them presentable. Try lining the rims of each shot glass with gingerbread cookie crumbs, or a cinnamon and sugar mixture. You can also add a dollop of whipped cream and a mini gingerbread cookie to each one.
- Serve on a platter. Try serving these shots on a large platter filled with ice to keep them cold. You can also serve them alongside these RumChata Pudding Shots for a delicious combo.
Unfortunately these shots won’t taste as good if they are made in advance. It is best to prepare them as soon as you are ready to serve them.
Other versions of these gingerbread shots don’t use gingerbread syrup at all. You can replace the gingerbread syrup with butterscotch schnapps instead if needed.