This fruity strawberry martini is an easy and delicious cocktail to make this spring. Made with strawberry syrup infused with real strawberries for the purest flavor. Then shaken with vodka and a bit of lemon juice and served in a chilled glass.
Why this is the best strawberry vodka martini
- It’s made with real strawberries. The strawberry flavor comes from real fruit so there is no artificial flavoring.
- Simple ingredients. You don’t need to buy expensive, flavored liqueurs for this martini. All the ingredients are easy to find.
- It’s easy to make. In just 20 minutes you can prepare a large batch of strawberry martinis for a crowd.
- Vodka: Use your favorite brand. If you have strawberry flavored vodka, you can use that, but it is not needed for this recipe.
First, make the homemade strawberry simple syrup. Heat the strawberries, water and sugar on a saucepan over medium heat. Bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Let it simmer before removing the pan from the heat, and straining out the strawberry chunks.
Add the strawberry syrup, vodka and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well, strain and serve.
Can I use frozen strawberries?
Yes, just let them thaw before making the simple syrup.
How do I store leftover strawberry syrup?
Store any leftover syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a couple weeks.
- Make the syrup in advance. If you are making these martinis for guests, it’s easiest to make the syrup a day or two ahead of time.
- Chill the glasses. For an extra cold cocktail, chill the glasses in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes before serving.