Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This easy vodka sunrise cocktail is just like the classic tequila sunrise, but uses vodka instead. Made with only three ingredients, this gorgeous drink takes only a few minutes to prepare.
There are lots of ways to spin-off the famous tequila sunrise cocktail, such as in this amaretto sunrise that uses peach juice instead of orange juice, or in this non alcoholic sunrise mocktail.
But for those who prefer vodka-based cocktails, this sunrise version is perfect.
For other delicious vodka drinks, try this raspberry martini, grapefruit crush or these watermelon shots.
Why this is the best vodka sunrise recipe
- It looks impressive. Even though it is so simple to make, you can’t tell from how it looks.
- It takes only a couple minutes to make. This is probably the fastest cocktail you could make — which is perfect for serving to a large group of people.
- It can easily be made non-alcoholic. Just remove the vodka, and this drink becomes the perfect mocktail for all your guests who don’t drink.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice always tastes best in cocktails. However, if you don’t have the time, store bought orange juice works too, but make sure to pick up a quality brand.
Add the vodka and orange juice to a glass with ice, and stir.
Splash with a dash of grenadine right before serving.
Yes! Leave out the vodka and serve as is. Optionally, for a little fizz, add in some club soda.
Orange juice is what is typically used in a sunrise cocktail, but there are lots of other combinations that work really well. Mango or pineapple juice also taste delicious and still give the sunrise effect.
- Add the grenadine right before serving. This cocktail looks best as soon as the grenadine is added, before it fully settles to the bottom.
- Use a tall glass. For the best sunrise effect, serve this drink in tall, skinny glasses.
- Total Time: 2 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This easy vodka sunrise cocktail is just like the classic tequila sunrise, but uses vodka instead.
- 4 oz orange juice*
- 1 oz vodka
- dash of grenadine
- handful of ice
- Add the orange juice and vodka to a tall cocktail glass filled with ice. Stir gently to combine.
- Right before serving, splash with a dash of grenadine. Serve immediately. Enjoy responsibly!
- *If you have the time, use freshly squeezed orange juice.
- For the best sunrise effect: Add the grenadine right before serving and use a tall cocktail glass.
- Variations: Replace some or all of the orange juice with mango or pineapple juice.
- Prep Time: 2 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Stirred
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 175
- Sugar: 19.3g
- Sodium: 7mg
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: sunrise cocktail, vodka cocktails
I definitely prefer vodka over tequila, so I am ALL ABOUT this drink. So simple to make and tastes great!
Such a classic, the presentation is amazing! Definitely need one of these today.