Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This easy vodka sunrise cocktail is just like the classic tequila sunrise, but uses vodka instead. Made with only three ingredients, this gorgeous drink takes only a few minutes to prepare.
But for those who prefer vodka-based cocktails, this sunrise version is perfect.
Why this is the best vodka sunrise recipe
- It looks impressive. Even though it is so simple to make, you can’t tell from how it looks.
- It takes only a couple minutes to make. This is probably the fastest cocktail you could make — which is perfect for serving to a large group of people.
- It can easily be made non-alcoholic. Just remove the vodka, and this drink becomes the perfect mocktail for all your guests who don’t drink.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice always tastes best in cocktails. However, if you don’t have the time, store bought orange juice works too, but make sure to pick up a quality brand.
Add the vodka and orange juice to a glass with ice, and stir.
Splash with a dash of grenadine right before serving.
Yes! Leave out the vodka and serve as is. Optionally, for a little fizz, add in some club soda.
- Add the grenadine right before serving. This cocktail looks best as soon as the grenadine is added, before it fully settles to the bottom.
- Use a tall glass. For the best sunrise effect, serve this drink in tall, skinny glasses.