This easy vodka sunrise cocktail is just like the classic tequila sunrise, but uses vodka instead. Made with only three ingredients, this gorgeous drink takes only a few minutes to prepare.
There are lots of ways to spin-off the famous tequila sunrise cocktail, such as in this amaretto sunrise that uses peach juice instead of orange juice.
But for those who prefer vodka-based cocktails, this sunrise version is perfect.
Why this is the best vodka sunrise recipe
- It looks impressive. Even though it is so simple to make, you can’t tell from how it looks.
- It takes only a couple minutes to make. This is probably the fastest cocktail you could make — which is perfect for serving to a large group of people.
- It can easily be made non-alcoholic. Just remove the vodka, and this drink becomes the perfect mocktail for all your guests who don’t drink.
- Orange juice: Freshly squeezed orange juice always tastes best in cocktails. However, if you don’t have the time, store bought orange juice works too, but make sure to pick up a quality brand.
Add the vodka and orange juice to a glass with ice, and stir.
Splash with a dash of grenadine right before serving.
Yes! Leave out the vodka and serve as is. Optionally, for a little fizz, add in some club soda.
Orange juice is what is typically used in a sunrise cocktail, but there are lots of other combinations that work really well. Mango or pineapple juice also taste delicious and still give the sunrise effect.
- Add the grenadine right before serving. This cocktail looks best as soon as the grenadine is added, before it fully settles to the bottom.
- Use a tall glass. For the best sunrise effect, serve this drink in tall, skinny glasses.