Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini is a refreshing, easy to make cocktail that is a twist on the classic recipe. All you need are three ingredients (blueberry syrup, vodka and lemon juice).
This fruity cocktail recipe is the perfect drink all throughout spring and summer. Some other great summer cocktails include this Blueberry Gin Cocktail, this Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail, this Lemon Basil Martini, or these Blueberry Mojitos.
This recipe adds a twist of blueberry to the classic lemon drop martini. For another lemon drop martini spin off, try this Raspberry Lemon Drop Shot.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Easy to make — All you need are three easy to find ingredients to make this recipe.
- Made with blueberry syrup — Unlike other blueberry lemon drop recipes, this one uses blueberry syrup, rather than smashed blueberries. The result is a smoother drink with a more powerful blueberry flavor.
- Sweet & Tart — This cocktail is just the right balance between sweet blueberry flavor and tangy lemon.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Blueberry Syrup: You can easily make your own blueberry simple syrup at home in just a few minutes using fresh or frozen blueberries, sugar and water. Or, you can buy a store bought one.
- Lemon Juice: Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for this recipe — it will make a difference in overall quality of the drink.
- Vodka: Use your preferred brand of vodka. You can also use Citron vodka if you have it for an extra dash of lemon flavor.
How To Make A Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini
Step 1: Add the vodka, lemon juice and blueberry simple syrup together in a cocktail shaker.
Step 2: Shake well for 20 seconds and strain into a martini glass.
- Chill the martini glasses. Chill the martini glasses in the freezer for 30 minutes before serving this drink —especially if you are serving this cocktail on a hot summer day!
- Add a sugar rim. Line the rim of the martini glasses with a bit of lemon juice and dip the rim into sugar for a sweet rim. You can also mix a combination of sugar and lemon zest for a sweet & sour rim.
- Make it extra sour. If you enjoy a particularly tart drink, add an extra ½ oz of lemon juice for a sour kick.
This recipe doesn’t use smashed blueberries, but it does use blueberry simple syrup, which can be made from fresh blueberries.
To turn this Blueberry Lemon Drop Martini into a mocktail, leave out the vodka and top up the drink with some club soda or lemon-lime soda.