Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail is a refreshing, easy to make vodka cocktail that you will want to make all summer long. Made with 4 simple ingredients in under 5 minutes.
The blueberry flavoring in these cocktails all comes from a homemade Blueberry Simple Syrup that is made from real blueberries.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Refreshing — Anything made with lemonade is going to be a refreshing summer drink and this cocktail is no exception!
- Ready in 5 minutes — This is a very simple cocktail to make and you can easily whip up a couple drinks in just a few minutes.
- Large batch — It is easy to turn this recipe into a large batch recipe and make a big pitcher for a group of friends.
- Variations — There are a bunch of suggestions below for how to vary the flavors in this drink to make a unique blueberry vodka lemonade.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Blueberry Syrup: You will need a blueberry simple syrup, which is meant for mixing into drink recipes. Try making your own homemade blueberry syrup or buying a pre-made one. Make sure you don’t use a chunky or thick blueberry syrup that is meant for desserts or pancakes.
- Lemonade: For a quick and easy recipe, use a high quality store bought lemonade. If you have more time on your hands (and a lot of lemons), make your own lemonade from scratch.
- Vodka: If you have it on hand, blueberry vodka or citrus vodka fit perfectly for this drink. However, it is not necessary to go out and buy it just for this recipe. You can use your favorite mid-shelf regular vodka.
- Lemon-Lime Soda: I used 7-Up for this cocktail, but you can use any type of lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite or a generic brand. You can also replace this with club soda or sparkling water.
How To Make A Blueberry Lemonade Cocktail
Step 1: Add the blueberry syrup, lemonade and vodka to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: Shake well and strain into a cocktail glass. Top with lemon-lime soda and serve.
- Make a pitcher. This blueberry vodka lemonade makes a great large batch recipe. For a pitcher, multiply the recipe by 5 to 6 times and mix all the ingredients together in a pitcher. Add the lemon-lime soda right before serving.
- Make it a mocktail. If you want to make this recipe without alcohol, leave out the vodka and add a bit of extra lemon-lime soda.
- Use fresh lemonade. If you have the time, level up this drink by using freshly squeezed homemade lemonade.
- Lavender — Replace half of the blueberry syrup with lavender simple syrup.
- Mint — Muddle in a handful of mint leaves to the bottom of the cocktail shaker before you shake the drink.
- Basil — Muddle in some basil leaves to the cocktail shaker, or replace half of the blueberry syrup with basil syrup.
- Rum — Replace the vodka with white rum for a blueberry rum punch lemonade.
To make your own blueberry simple syrup, heat 1 cup blueberries, ½ cup granulated sugar and ½ cup water together in a saucepan. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Strain out the blueberry chunks and let the syrup cool.
Yes! If you have blueberry vodka, it works really well in this drink, but it is not essential for this recipe.
If you want to make your own lemonade, use a high quality citrus juicer to save you time when juicing lemons.