Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Blueberry Lemonade Margarita is an easy fruity margarita recipe to make this summer. Make it with store bought ingredients to save time, or make your own lemonade and blueberry syrup from scratch.
If you enjoy classic margarita recipes, then you will also like variations on the classic recipe — such as this blueberry lemon one.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Fruity — If you are looking for a fun, fruity summer cocktail, this is the perfect one.
- Pink Color — The combination of purple blueberry syrup and light yellow lemonade form a striking pinkish color that makes this cocktail look impressive.
- Big Batch — You can easily turn this recipe into a big batch cocktail drink that is served in a pitcher for a crowd.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Lemonade: The simplest (and most affordable) option for this margarita is to use store bought lemonade. However, if you want, you can use homemade lemonade for a really high quality drink.
- Tequila: I use Jose Cuervo tequila for this recipe, but you can use whatever type of blanco tequila you like.
- Blueberry Syrup: Use a store bought blueberry simple syrup or make your own Blueberry Simple Syrup at home in 10 minutes.
- Lime Juice: Always use freshly squeezed lime juice for margaritas! It makes a huge difference in the overall taste.
- Triple Sec: Triple Sec is a type of orange liqueur that is common in margarita recipes. You can use Cointreau or Grand Marnier as a substitute.
How To Make A Blueberry Lemonade Margarita
Step 1: Run a wedge of lime around the margarita glass and dip the glass in salt.
Step 2: Add the lemonade, tequila, blueberry syrup, lime juice and triple sec to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 3: Shake well and strain into the prepared margarita glass.
- Try another flavor. This recipe works with any type of flavored simple syrup. Replace the blueberry syrup with another berry flavor, such as this Strawberry Simple Syrup or this Blackberry Simple Syrup.
- Use margarita salt. To add an extra bit of lime flavor to your cocktail, use margarita salt which is specifically made for lining the rim of margarita glasses.
- Make it a mocktail. This drink is delicious without the alcohol! For a mocktail that is great for kids, leave out the tequila and triple sec. If you’re making it for kids, they may also prefer a sugar rim rather than a salted one.
To make a big batch of these blueberry lemonade margaritas, multiply the recipe by 5 and mix all the ingredients together in a large pitcher. Stir well and serve.
To make your own Blueberry Simple Syrup, heat 1 cup of blueberries, ½ cup of granulated sugar and ½ cup of water together in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir for a few minutes, until the sugar dissolves. Strain out the blueberries and let the syrup cool.