Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This peach cosmo offers a delicious twist on the classic cosmopolitan. The addition of peach schnapps and peach juice to this vodka-based drink gives it a tasty, fruity kick.
A classic cosmopolitan is made with vodka, cointreau, cranberry juice and lime. This peach cosmopolitan keeps all the same, classic ingredients but adds in peach schnapps and peach juice for extra flavor.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Peach flavor — Unlike other peach cosmos, this recipe uses both peach schnapps and peach juice to give the drink an extra peach-flavored kick. For even more peach flavor you can add in some peach simple syrup.
- Easy — This peach cosmo recipe is so easy that anyone can make it. It’s great for a simple, 5 minute cocktail.
- Balanced — This drink is not too strong and not too sweet. It has just the right balance of flavors, but if you do like a stronger (or sweeter) drink, there are some easy tips below on how to make that adjustment.
- Year-Round — You don’t need fresh peaches to make this drink! So if you are craving a fruity martini-like recipe in winter, this is the one to try.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Vodka: All cosmo recipes are made with vodka. This drink is on the stronger side compared to other vodka-based drinks, so use a vodka that you enjoy the taste of. This drink works well with flavored vodka, such as peach vodka, lemon vodka or raspberry vodka.
- Peach Schnapps: Peach schnapps add a bit of a sweet, peachy flavor. However, sometimes people really don’t like the taste of peach schnapps. If this is the case, replace the schnapps with more peach juice, or use a dash of this peach simple syrup instead.
- Peach Juice (not pictured): Without peach juice, this drink doesn’t have such an obvious peach taste. Use a pure peach juice or peach nectar if you can find it. If not, use a juice blend that has peaches in it. Alternatively, if it is peach season, you can make your own peach juice/ peach purée for the best taste.
- Cranberry Juice: Cranberry juice is a staple ingredient in a classic cosmo cocktail. Use a red cranberry juice for the same taste and color.
- Lime Juice: A dash of lime juice helps bring out the other flavors. Use freshly squeezed lime juice over a store bought one.
How To Make A Peach Cosmo
Step 1: Add the vodka, peach schnapps, peach juice, cranberry juice and lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: Shake well and strain into a martini glass.
- Adjust the strength. Classic cosmo drinks are quite strong and not everyone enjoys tasting the vodka. This recipe uses a bit less alcohol than a classic recipe. That being said, some people will like a stronger drink, and others a sweeter one. To make the drink stronger, add an extra ½ oz to 1 oz of vodka. To make the drink sweeter, add in a ½ oz to 1 oz of this homemade peach simple syrup.
- Chill the martini glasses. Cosmopolitans are served straight up, not over any ice. Chilling the martini glasses in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes before serving can help keep your drink icy cold.
- Add some garnish. For presentation, a few slices of peaches or frozen cranberries on a cocktail pick work well.
- Use fresh peach juice. If peaches are in season and you are looking for the freshest tasting cocktail recipe, use a juicer to make fresh peach juice to use in place of store bought peach juice.
No. If you don’t have peach schnapps or don’t like the taste, you can replace it with peach simple syrup or or with extra peach juice.
No. Cosmos are typically served straight up, without ice in a chilled martini glass.