This easy strawberry gimlet makes the best fruity spring & summer gimlet drink. Made with homemade strawberry simple syrup from real strawberries for the purest flavor. This cocktail is easy to whip together in just a few minutes.
Flavored gimlet cocktails, such as this rosemary gimlet are simple drinks that taste impressive.
Why this is the best strawberry gimlet recipe
- Homemade strawberry syrup. This strawberry simple syrup is made with real strawberries. It adds a much stronger flavor compared to muddling fruit.
- Simple ingredients. You only need a few basic, easy to find ingredients to make this drink.
- Great drink for guests. This drink is easy to make when having guests over, and is perfect for barbecues on a spring or summer day.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice, it tastes much better.
- Gin: Use your favorite type of gin, or whatever type you have on hand.
To make the strawberry simple syrup, heat the strawberries, sugar and water on a saucepan over medium heat.
Bring the mixture to a gentle simmer. Continue to simmer for about 10 minutes.
Remove the pan and strain out the strawberry chunks.
To make the gimlet, add the gin, lime juice and strawberry syrup to a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake well, strain and serve.
Yes, but let them thaw first and drain out the extra juice.
Store any leftover syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1-2 weeks.
- Make a batch of syrup in advance. To save time when preparing this drink for guests, make the syrup in advance. This recipe will make about ½ cup of syrup which is enough for 2 - 3 cocktails.
- Chill the glasses. If you choose not to serve this drink with ice, chill the glasses in the fridge or freezer for 30 minutes to an hour before serving.