This rosemary gimlet puts a slight spin on the classic drink. Made with the regular gimlet ingredients: gin and lime juice, with the addition of rosemary simple syrup. This is a super easy drink to make and SO refreshing on a warm day. This cocktail is one everyone will enjoy.
What is in a gimlet cocktail?
A classic gimlet is made with gin, lime juice and simple syrup. Depending on the recipe, the proportions of each ingredient will vary slightly. This rosemary version uses a simple syrup infused with fresh rosemary to add the subtle flavor.
While there are other recipes for rosemary gimlets out there, this version is my personal favorite. It is a bit stronger on the lime, with a subtle rosemary taste. It is on the sweeter side for those who prefer strong, alcohol tasting drinks, but not overly sweet like a pina colada. Overall, this is a well balanced, delicious cocktail that is easy to sip down. Be careful, this one is a lot stronger than it tastes!
- Rosemary Simple Syrup — This is a liquid sugar and water mixture with rosemary infused in. Only fresh rosemary will work. See below for details on how to prepare the syrup.
- Gin — Any type of gin works, use your favorite.
- Lime Juice — Fresh only! Fresh lime tastes so delicious in this drink.
Making the Rosemary Simple Syrup:
If you have ever made simple syrup before, then this is basically the same thing. Simple syrup is a liquid sugar mixture used in many different types of cocktails. For this one, the rosemary is infused with the simple syrup as it is made to add the extra flavor.
On a pan over medium heat, heat up ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup water and 3 tbsp of fresh rosemary. Stir occasionally. Continue to heat the mixture until the sugar has fully dissolved, which will take about 5 minutes. Then, remove the pan from the heat and let the syrup cool to room temperature before using in your cocktail.
This recipe makes enough simple syrup for two cocktails. You can prepare this syrup in advance and store it in a sealed jar in the fridge for quick cocktail preparation later on.
Other cocktails you may like:Print
This is the BEST rosemary gimlet. Super easy to make and so refreshing on a warm day.
- Rosemary Simple Syrup:
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 3 tbsp fresh rosemary
- Rosemary Gimlet:
- 1 ½ oz gin
- 1 ½ oz rosemary simple syrup
- 2 oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Handful of ice
- Rosemary Simple Syrup: Heat the granulated sugar, water and fresh rosemary on a pan over medium heat. Stir occasionally and continue to heat until the sugar has completely dissolved. Remove the syrup from the heat and let it cool down to room temperature before adding it into the cocktail.
- Rosemary Gimlet: Add the gin, rosemary simple syrup, lime juice and ice to a cocktail shaker. Shake well. Strain and serve into a chilled glass.
- Store leftover simple syrup in a sealed jar in the fridge.
- To chill your cocktail glasses, put them in the fridge for a few hours or a couple hours in the freezer.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 135
- Sugar: 14.6g
- Sodium: 1.2mg
- Fat: 0g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16.7g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Protein: 0.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Gimlet, cocktails, summer cocktails, easy, simple