Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This strawberry bellini is a simple & elegant strawberry cocktail that is perfect for brunch or for a cocktail hour. It is easy to make with real strawberries. Plus, it’s made with Prosecco for a slightly sweeter (and more affordable) alternative to Champagne.
These strawberry bellinis, just like this pineapple mimosa or this agua de valencia cocktail are one of the best brunch cocktails.
And even though this strawberry cocktail looks fancy, it is one of the simplest drinks to make.
For other easy spring & summer cocktail recipes, try this limoncello tonic or this amaretto sunrise. For more fruity, strawberry drinks, try this strawberry gimlet, this strawberry mojito mocktail or this strawberry martini.
If you are serving this bellini for a cocktail hour, serve it with these chocolate covered strawberries or these chocolate covered orange slices.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- This strawberry bellini recipe is the best cocktail recipe for brunch, cocktail hour, or Valentine’s Day.
- It is made with only 2 ingredients, so it is an easy cocktail recipe that anyone can make.
- It is customizable. You can easily adjust the sweetness, or create a fancy flavor variation.
What Is A Bellini?
A classic Italian bellini is made with Prosecco and peach purée.
However there are so many varieties of bellini recipes for all types of flavors, such as this strawberry one.
While the peach bellini will always be a classic cocktail, strawberries and Prosecco go exceptionally well together.
Plus, they give this cocktail a beautiful pinkish-red color, making it especially presentable.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Strawberries: If it is spring or summer and strawberries are in season, use fresh strawberries. However, you can also use frozen strawberries. For frozen strawberries, first let them thaw for a regular strawberry bellini, or use them frozen for a frozen bellini.
- Prosecco: These bellinis are made with Prosecco, which is less expensive and slightly sweeter than champagne. However, you can easily substitute the Prosecco with another type of bubbly - such as champagne, cava or sparkling wine.
- A blender or food processor to make the strawberry purée.
- Champagne flutes to serve the strawberry bellinis in.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Slice and hull the strawberries.
Step 2: Blend the strawberries in a blender or food processor until smooth.
Step 3: Pass the strawberry purée through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds.
Step 4: Add the strawberry purée to a champagne flute and then top with Prosecco. Gently stir to combine.
- Strawberry Peach Bellini: Replace half of the strawberry purée with peach purée. Or, add in a dash of this peach syrup.
- Strawberry Rosé Bellini: Use a sparkling rosé instead of Prosecco.
- Virgin Strawberry Bellini: Replace the Prosecco with non alcoholic sparkling wine.
- Frozen Strawberry Bellini: Blend frozen strawberries instead of fresh ones. You may need to add more or less Prosecco to get the right consistency.
- Serve the bellinis fresh. Bellinis are best served as soon as they are made. The longer the cocktails sit, the flatter the Prosecco will get.
- Make it sweeter. If you want a sweeter cocktail, add in a dash of this strawberry simple syrup which is made with real strawberries. It will add a a bit of extra sweetness, as well as a more intense strawberry flavor.
- Adjust the ratio. Some people prefer a bellini with a lot of strawberry flavor, and others prefer one with just a dash of strawberries. Adjust the strawberry purée to Prosecco ratio based on your taste.
A classic mimosa is made with Champagne and fresh orange juice, although it can be made with other flavors, such as this pineapple mimosa or this caramel apple mimosa. A classic bellini is made with peach purée and Prosecco. Flavored bellini recipes (like this strawberry one), use purée rather than juice, which creates a slightly thicker drink.
Yes, this strawberry bellini recipe is similar to the one that you would order from Olive Garden.
This strawberry bellini is similar to the pre-made Aldi strawberry bellini. However, generally homemade cocktail recipes (rather than pre-made ones) are both overall cheaper, and give a much more authentic fruit flavor.
Strawberry Bellini Recipe (with Prosecco)
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This strawberry bellini is a simple & elegant Prosecco cocktail that is perfect for brunch or for a cocktail hour. It is easy to make with real strawberries.
- 8 large strawberries, sliced and hulled
- 6 oz Prosecco
- Add the strawberries to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pass the strawberry purée through a fine mesh sieve to remove any seeds.
- Add the strawberry puree to a champagne flute and top with Prosecco.
- To make the bellini sweeter or to add in more strawberry flavor, add in a dash of this strawberry simple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minute
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Mixed
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bellini
- Calories: 239
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 13mg
- Fat: 0.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0.3g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 2.9g
- Protein: 1.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: strawberry cocktails, bellini, bellini recipe, brunch cocktails
Leave a Reply