This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This mango tango drink will make you feel like you’re on a Caribbean beach even if it’s the middle of winter. A blend of mango, orange and coconut flavors. This fruity, tropical rum cocktail is refreshingly delicious and easy to make in 5 minutes.
For other summery, resort-type drinks, try this vodka sunrise, these watermelon shooters, this papaya cocktail or this grapefruit cocktail.
Why this is the best mango tango drink
- It is the tastiest mango tango. There are many different mango tango variations, but this one takes the cake.
- It’s the best combination of tropical flavors. Mango + orange + coconut + a dash of lime = the best tropical drink.
- You can make it any time of year. Maybe you just came back from a resort and want to pretend you’re still there. You can find the ingredients you need for this cocktail year round.
- Mango nectar: Make sure to use mango nectar, not mango juice. Mango nectar gives a purer, more authentic mango flavor.
- Orange juice: If you can, use freshly squeezed orange juice. If not, use a high quality store bought orange juice.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Triple sec: You can substitute this with Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
Add the coconut rum, triple sec, mango nectar, orange juice, and lime juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously for a few seconds. Strain and serve.
There is no set recipe for a mango tango cocktail. However, all versions typically include mango mixed with other tropical flavors.
You may have ordered one at a Hard Rock Cafe, or on a beach resort in Cancun or on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Generally this drink is served in hot and sunny vacation destinations.
- Line the rims of the glasses with coconut. For a fancy presentation, dip the rim of your cocktail glass in agave syrup, then press it into shredded coconut. Turn the glass upside down to dry for 10 minutes.
- Chill glasses beforehand. This cocktail is extra refreshing when served in a cold glass. After lining the rims of the glasses with coconut (optional), chill them in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.
Mango Tango Drink
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 cocktail 1x
- Diet: Vegan
This mango tango drink will make you feel like you’re on a Caribbean beach even if it’s the middle of winter. A blend of mango, orange and coconut flavors.
- 3 oz mango nectar
- 1 oz orange juice
- 1 oz coconut rum
- ½ oz triple sec
- ½ oz lime juice, freshly squeezed
- Add the mango nectar, orange juice, coconut rum, triple sec and lime juice to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well for 5-7 seconds.
- Strain and serve. Enjoy responsibly!
- To line the glasses with coconut: Dip the rim of your cocktail glass in agave syrup, then press it into shredded coconut. Turn the glass upside down to dry for 10 minutes.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Shaken
- Cuisine: Carribean
- Serving Size: 1 cocktail
- Calories: 128
- Sugar: 20.8g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 0.2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 0.5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: mango cocktail, mango drink, rum cocktail
Love this combination of flavors - so tasty and refreshing!
Really love the fruity flavors and easy to follow directions. Thank you for sharing!
I subbed pineapple juice instead of orange juice and used an orange mango peach juice in place of mango nectar. This was delicious!!!!
The Littlest Crumb
That sounds like a delicious substitute, glad you enjoyed it!
This looks so good! I also love the coconut on the glass.