This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
This mango tango drink will make you feel like you’re on a Caribbean beach even if it’s the middle of winter. A blend of mango, orange and coconut flavors. This fruity, tropical rum cocktail is refreshingly delicious and easy to make in 5 minutes.
Why this is the best mango tango drink
- It is the tastiest mango tango. There are many different mango tango variations, but this one takes the cake.
- It’s the best combination of tropical flavors. Mango + orange + coconut + a dash of lime = the best tropical drink.
- You can make it any time of year. Maybe you just came back from a resort and want to pretend you’re still there. You can find the ingredients you need for this cocktail year round.
- Mango nectar: Make sure to use mango nectar, not mango juice. Mango nectar gives a purer, more authentic mango flavor.
- Orange juice: If you can, use freshly squeezed orange juice. If not, use a high quality store bought orange juice.
- Lime juice: Use freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Triple sec: You can substitute this with Cointreau or Grand Marnier.
There is no set recipe for a mango tango cocktail. However, all versions typically include mango mixed with other tropical flavors.
You may have ordered one at a Hard Rock Cafe, or on a beach resort in Cancun or on a Royal Caribbean cruise. Generally this drink is served in hot and sunny vacation destinations.
- Line the rims of the glasses with coconut. For a fancy presentation, dip the rim of your cocktail glass in agave syrup, then press it into shredded coconut. Turn the glass upside down to dry for 10 minutes.
- Chill glasses beforehand. This cocktail is extra refreshing when served in a cold glass. After lining the rims of the glasses with coconut (optional), chill them in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.