Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These air fryer eggo waffles are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. Easy to make in 3 minutes for a quick breakfast on a busy morning.
- Air frying eggo waffles makes the eggos crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. They taste so much better than making eggos in the microwave, which leaves them too soft, or in the toaster, which can leave some parts frozen.
- These waffles are ready in only 3 minutes, making them perfect for a busy morning.
- Although this recipe is for eggos, you can air fry any type of frozen waffle in the air fryer.
- Eggo Waffles: Use any flavor of eggo waffles, such as chocolately chip, strawberry or blueberry.
- Butter: Optionally, use a couple teaspoons of butter to brush onto the eggo before air frying it.
Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 350F.
Step 2: Optionally, brush both sides of the eggo with butter. Add the eggos to the air fryer basket in a single layer, without overlapping. Air fry for 3 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Storage & Reheating
These eggos taste best when they are served fresh, straight out of the air fryer. Try to make only as many as you plan to eat.
If needed, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days. Don’t refreeze the waffles once they have been air fried as this can affect the texture.
To reheat the eggo waffles, heat them in the microwave for 20 to 30 seconds or air fry for 1 to 2 minutes until warmed through. Keep in mind, the waffles may be slightly drier when air fried for a second time.
How to Serve
You can serve your eggo waffles with classic toppings such as fresh berries, whipped cream or maple syrup. If you have a bit more time, try making these air fryer bananas to add on top.
For sauces, try drizzling on some warmed nutella, caramel sauce or chocolate sauce.
For a big breakfast meal, serve these eggos with scrambled eggs, homemade potatoes or hashbrowns.
- Don’t overlap the waffles. Layer the waffles side-by-side in the air fryer. If the waffles are stacked or overlapping, they won’t cook evenly.
- If you can’t preheat your air fryer: Not all air fryers have a preheat function. If yours doesn’t, you may need to add an extra minute or two of cook time.
- Serve waffles immediately. These Eggos cool down quickly out of the air fryer. Serve them as soon as they have been air fried.
- Don’t thaw the waffles first. Add the waffles straight from the freezer to the air fryer, otherwise they may be overcooked.
- There are variations between air fryers. Each air fryer is slightly different. You may need to adjust the temperature or cook time slightly, depending on your brand of air fryer.
If the eggos are heated for too long, they may end up too solid. Reduce the cook time if needed.
Yes. You can use any type of waffle, including homemade or Belgian waffles as long as they are frozen. You may need to air fry the waffles slightly longer if they are thicker waffles.
You can cook as many waffles as will fit in your air fryer without overlapping. Don’t alter the temperature or cook time. A Ninja Air Fryer can fit 3 eggo waffles at once.