Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Pineapple Tequila Sunrise is a delicious twist on the classic tequila sunrise recipe. This cocktail recipe uses pineapple juice instead of orange juice, but still has the classic sunrise layers.
This Pineapple Sunrise is a delicious, fruity cocktail that tastes like you are on a beach.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Stunning layered look — This Pineapple Tequila Sunrise has pretty, reddish-orange layers that make it a great cocktail to serve to impress guests.
- 3 Ingredients — You only need 3 easy to find ingredients to make this cocktail (pineapple juice, tequila and grenadine).
- No cocktail shaker needed — You don’t need fancy bartending equipment to make this drink — no shaker is needed! All you need are tall glasses for serving the cocktail in.
What Is A Tequila Sunrise?
A classic tequila sunrise is made with orange juice, tequila and grenadine.
It is called a sunrise because the grenadine settles on the bottom of the drink and forms orange-red layers that look like a sunrise.
This Pineapple Tequila Sunrise is a variation on the classic drink and uses pineapple juice instead of orange juice. For other tequila sunrise variations, try this Vodka Sunrise which is made with vodka instead of tequila, or this Amaretto Sunrise.
- Tequila: Use your favorite mid-shelf tequila for this recipe. This is a sweeter drink, so generally you shouldn’t use the highest quality type of tequila (save that for on the rocks).
- Pineapple Juice: Use a high quality pineapple juice that doesn’t have any pulp. A clear juice without pulp will show off the layers more effectively. If you can’t find pure pineapple juice, you can use a juicer to make your own pineapple juice, or you can use a juice blend (such as pineapple & mango juice).
- Grenadine: Grenadine syrup should be easy to find in your local grocery store or online. If you don’t like the taste of grenadine, you can use another type of red drink syrup, such as strawberry syrup.
How To Make A Tequila Sunrise With Pineapple Juice
Step 1: Add the tequila and pineapple juice to a highball cocktail glass filled with ice. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Gently pour the grenadine on top, letting it sink to the bottom of the drink.
- Chill the ingredients. Since this drink isn’t made with a cocktail shaker, chilling all the ingredients in the fridge before making this drink can help keep it extra cold once it has been served.
- Stir before drinking. While this cocktail looks amazing, it is best to stir to combine the layers before drinking it so you don’t take a sip of pure grenadine at the bottom.
- Add garnish. Some garnish ideas include a few maraschino cherries or a cocktail pick with pineapple chunks.
- Serve the grenadine on the side. For a fun serving idea, serve the grenadine on the side of the drink and let guests add it themselves.
No, this Tequila Pineapple Sunrise does not require a cocktail shaker to make.
Yes. Try this Sunrise Mocktail Recipe for a non alcoholic version.
Serve this cocktail in a highball glass, or any tall glasses. This will best highlight the drink’s layered look.