Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This Chili’s Blackberry Margarita Recipe is a delicious Chili’s copycat cocktail recipe. Made with blackberry syrup, Patron reposado tequila, lime juice and Cointreau, this tastes just like what you would order in the restaurant!
If you are looking for a recipe for Chili’s Blackberry Margarita, this is the recipe for you!
This blackberry margarita is made with all the same ingredients that Chili’s uses —including their classic Patron reposado tequila — and is really easy to make at home in just a few minutes.
If you like Chili’s Blackberry Margarita, you may also like Chili’s Blueberry Pineapple Margarita.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Chili’s Copycat — This is an easy to make Chili’s copycat recipe for their blackberry margarita.
- Easy to Make — This margarita is easy to make with just a few ingredients and in only 5 minutes.
- Blackberry Syrup — This recipe uses blackberry syrup (rather than muddled blackberries), which adds even more blackberry flavor and creates a smooth cocktail without berry chunks.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Blackberry Syrup: If you have a bunch of blackberries on hand, you can make your own Homemade Blackberry Drink Syrup with either frozen or fresh blackberries, sugar and water. Or, you can use a store bought blackberry syrup to save time.
- Tequila: Typically margaritas are made with blanco tequila. However, Chili’s uses Patron reposado tequila for their blackberry margarita. You can use any type of reposado tequila for a very close copycat, or you can use a blanco tequila if you prefer the taste.
- Lime Juice: Always use freshly squeezed lime juice for margarita recipes.
- Cointreau: Cointreau is an orange liqueur. You can use Triple Sec or Grand Marnier as a substitute.
How To Make Chili’s Blackberry Margarita
Step 1: Add the blackberry syrup, tequila, lime juice and Cointreau to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
Step 2: Pour the margarita into a margarita glass, add any optional garnish and serve.
- Make it a frozen margarita. This margarita works really well as a frozen blackberry margarita. Blend all the ingredients together with ice (or frozen blackberries) until you get a slushie consistency.
- Use margarita salt. To level up your margaritas, use margarita salt for lining the margarita glasses with. Margarita salt has infused lime flavor for a really authentic margarita taste.
- Make a pitcher. For a pitcher of margaritas for a group of friends, multiply the ingredients by 5 to 6 times and mix everything together in a large pitcher.
To make your own Blackberry Cocktail Syrup, heat 1 cup of blackberries, ¾ cup granulated sugar and 1 cup water in a saucepan together for about 5 minutes until the sugar dissolves. Strain out the blackberry chunks and let the syrup cool.
As is, this recipe comes out slightly orange-pink in color (just like Chili’s). This is because of the reposado tequila and the blackberry syrup. For a more blue-purple drink, use blanco tequila and add a dash more blackberry syrup.