Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This spiced ginger pear bourbon cocktail is a creative fall whiskey cocktail that is perfect for the transition to winter. Made with fresh pear juice, bourbon whiskey, lemon juice and ginger beer.
If you are fan of fruity bourbon whiskey cocktails, you will also want to try this bourbon cherry cocktail, this blackberry bourbon cocktail, this pineapple old fashioned, this blood orange whiskey sour and this apple bourbon cocktail.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- The combination of pear, bourbon and ginger gives this bourbon drink a cozy feel, making it the perfect fall bourbon cocktail recipe.
- This recipe uses pear juice so it is quick and easy to make.
- It is easy to make a pitcher of the pear cocktail to serve to a group of friends.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pear Juice: If it is pear season and you have a juicer, make fresh pear juice for the best taste. Otherwise, use a high quality store bought pear juice or nectar.
- Bourbon: Use your favorite brand of bourbon whiskey. Aim for a medium quality bourbon, save top shelf bourbon for sipping on the rocks.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice will give your drink the brightest flavor. If needed, you can use a store bought lemon juice instead.
- Simple Syrup: Making your own simple syrup is easy to do and saves money. However, you can also buy pre-made simple syrup.
- Ginger Beer: Ginger beer gives this drink its ginger flavor as well as a bit of fizz. Make sure not to use ginger ale — these two drinks are not interchangeable. As a substitute for ginger beer, use club soda instead.
- You will need a cocktail shaker to make the bourbon pear cocktail in.
- If you want to use pear slices as a garnish, use cocktail picks to hold them in place.
- Serve the cocktail in lowball cocktail glasses if you are making a couple at a time, or a pitcher if you are making a large batch for a group.
Step By Step Instructions
Step 1: Add the pear juice, bourbon, lemon juice and simple syrup to a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well and strain.
Step 2: Top with ginger beer and serve.
- Use a flavored simple syrup. Create unique variations of this cocktail by replacing the regular simple syrup with a flavored one. This chocolate simple syrup, pistachio syrup, raspberry simple syrup or this rosemary simple syrup would all pair well with this pear & bourbon cocktail. You can also use pear simple syrup for an extra kick of pear flavor.
- Chill the glasses & ingredients. Before making this drink, chill the cocktail glasses as well as the ginger beer and pear juice in the fridge until cold. This makes sure the drink stays refreshingly cold once served.
- Shake the cocktail well. Shake the cocktail shaker well for a full 10 to 15 seconds. The outside of the shaker should be fully frosted before straining. Shaking cocktails well ensures the drink is ice cold, blends the flavors well together and gives the cocktail a light, airy texture.
If you want to make fresh, natural pear juice, you will need a juicer. Cut up 1 to 2 pears into chunks, removing the core and seeds. Pass the chunks through a juicer to extract fresh pear juice.
To make your own simple syrup, heat equal proportions of water and granulated sugar in a saucepan over medium heat. Continue to heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until the sugar has fully dissolved.