This delicious peanut butter coffee latte is the best protein-filled coffee drink. It’s made with real peanut butter for the best flavor and extra creaminess. Plus, it takes less than 10 minutes to make with only four ingredients.
Why this is the best coffee with peanut butter
- It’s made with real peanut butter. The peanut butter flavor comes from real peanut butter — not artificial syrups. Real peanut butter tastes SO much better than store bought syrups and it also makes the drink slightly thicker and creamier.
- It’s packed with protein. One serving has 13g of protein! Pair this with a high protein meal and you have a protein-packed breakfast.
- The amount of peanut butter is just right. This latte is not overly sweet or peanut butter flavored. There is just the right balance of coffee + peanut butter flavor.
- Peanut butter: Avoid organic peanut butter. This may not mix as evenly into the latte and won’t add quite the same taste.
Add the peanut butter, milk and sugar to a saucepan. Heat, while stirring to melt the peanut butter. Bring the mixture to an almost boil.
Remove the saucepan from the stove. Froth the mixture until a foam forms on top.
Add the liquid, bottom part of the mixture to a coffee cup with the shot of espresso. Scoop the leftover foam part on top.
No! Peanut butter adds a nutty, creamy flavor that goes so well in a latte.
Replace the cow’s milk with oat milk. Oat milk works better in lattes than almond milk because it froths better, creating a richer drink.
- Don’t let it boil. It’s really important not to let the mixture boil. However, you also want to heat it up just until the point of boiling. When you start to see lots of steam coming off the milk, that’s an indicator it is getting close to boiling.
- Make it a mocha. For a chocolate peanut butter mocha, add in some homemade chocolate syrup to make it an extra decadent drink.