Disclaimer: This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my disclosure policy for more details.
Easy nutella overnight oats are a simple, delicious hazelnut breakfast idea. Quick to meal prep in advance for ready-to-go breakfasts throughout the week.
- It’s nutella for breakfast! Nutella is always a great addition to any type of breakfast.
- Easy to meal prep. Overnight oats take just a few minutes to make and let you meal prep for the week ahead.
- You only need 3 ingredients. This simple recipe is made with just nutella, milk and oats.
- It can be made vegan. With a couple easy-to-make substitutions, these oats can be made dairy-free or completely vegan.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Nutella: Nutella is a one-of-a-kind hazelnut spread with a unique taste. However, if you can’t find Nutella, you can replace it with any type of high quality chocolate hazelnut spread instead.
- Oats: Use rolled oats or old fashioned oats. These will create the perfect texture for overnight oats. Avoid quick or instant oats which will end up too soggy. Steel cut oats will also not work as their texture is too tough.
- Milk: Whole (3.25%) milk will make the creamiest oats. However, you can use any type of milk you like. For a non-dairy alternative, use oat milk or almond milk.
- A small mixing bowl to mix the ingredients together in.
- Airtight serving containers, such as small mason jars, to store and serve the oats in.
Microwave the nutella for 20-30 seconds to soften it up.
Mix the oats, nutella and milk together until smooth. Divide the mixture into separate serving containers. Refrigerate overnight.
- In the fridge: Overnight oats will last for up to 5 days in the fridge if stored in an airtight container. However, they will taste freshest if they are consumed within 2 to 3 days.
- In the freezer: Freezing overnight oats is not recommended. Freezing will significantly change both the taste and texture.
- Pick up a set of overnight oats jars. If you plan to meal prep overnight oats recipes, get a set of smaller mason jars that make meal prep easy!
- Serve with fresh fruits. These oats taste delicious with sliced bananas, blueberries or raspberries.
- Meal prep about 5 days in advance. If you are looking to meal prep for several days in advance, try not to make more than 5 days’ worth for the freshest tasting oats.
Yes. To serve overnight oats warm, heat them in the microwave for 30 to 60 seconds before serving.