These protein overnight oats are a filling breakfast packed with protein. Rolled oats with protein powder, nutella, peanut butter and chia seeds. Perfect for a post-workout breakfast or a hearty breakfast-to-go.
There are so many ways to make overnight oats so that they never get boring.
Why these are the best overnight oats with protein powder
- Packed with 15g of protein per (small) serving. If you want a large size, double the recipe for 30g per serving. Or, you can add in an extra scoop of protein powder for a protein boost without the added calories.
- They’re so filling. These oats may not look like much, but they will keep you full for the morning.
- Easy to grab on-the-go. They’re perfect for before or after a workout so you don’t have to stress about making breakfast in the morning.
- Rolled Oats: Steel cut oats or quick oats do not work in this recipe.
- Protein Powder: You can taste the protein powder in these oats so use your favorite type of powder.
- Nutella: You can use any type of generic hazelnut chocolate spread instead of the name brand.
Microwave the nutella and peanut butter for about 15 to 20 seconds to soften it.
Mix all the ingredients together until there are no more clumps of nutella or peanut butter.
Divide into serving cups. Cover and chill in the fridge overnight.
Yes, vanilla or peanut butter flavored protein powder would also work well in this recipe.
Yes, you can. It is not incredibly strong, but definitely noticeable. If this bothers you and you want to make recipes to disguise the taste, try these pumpkin protein muffins instead.
Yes! As long as you don’t mind the taste, you can easily double the amount of protein powder added.
Use vegan chocolate protein powder, oat or almond milk instead of cow's milk, and a vegan nutella or hazelnut spread.
- Meal prep 5 days in advance at most. These oats taste freshest when made up to 5 days in advance. For the best flavor, try not to meal prep more than that.
- Mix the powder into the milk first. Before adding any of the other ingredients, make sure the protein powder is fully dissolved in the milk. Otherwise, you may end up with dry chunks of powder that are not very enjoyable.
- Serve with fruit. Blueberries and bananas go really well with these overnight oats.