Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy, thick iced coffee with ice cream is the best summer coffee drink. Blended together for an easy milkshake-like coffee drink that takes only 5 minutes to make.
Iced coffee drinks are perfect for warm weather. For other iced coffee recipes, try this oreo iced coffee, this iced oat milk latte, this baileys iced coffee, this protein iced coffee or this iced mocha latte.
- This thick, creamy drink tastes like a delicious coffee milkshake.
- Coffee with ice cream is the perfect refreshing drink on a hot summer day.
- It takes only 5 minutes to make and uses only 4 ingredients.
- It is a versatile drink with lots of options for toppings and different flavor variations.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Coffee: Use strongly brewed coffee or espresso. You can use instant espresso or coffee if that is what you prefer.
- Ice Cream: Use a high quality vanilla or French vanilla flavored ice cream.
- Milk: Use regular 2% milk, or a milk alternative such as almond milk or oat milk.
- Sugar: This adds a bit of extra sweetness. However, for a healthier option, you can leave the sugar out.
Step 1: Add the ice cream, coffee, milk and sugar to a blender and blend for 5 to 10 seconds until smooth.
Step 2: Optionally, add an extra scoop of ice cream to a glass and pour the blended iced coffee over the ice cream.
- Adjust the coffee to ice cream ratio. If you prefer a stronger coffee drink, add an extra 1 to 2 oz of coffee.
- Use strongly brewed coffee. Brew your coffee stronger than you normally would. The stronger coffee flavor will taste better when mixed into this drink. Regular coffee may lead to a slightly diluted taste. You can also use espresso instead of coffee.
- Don’t over blend the coffee. Blend just enough to mix everything together. Over-blending the drink can make it too thin and liquidy.
- Don’t serve over ice. Serving this coffee ice cream over ice will lead to a watered down drink as the ice melts. Instead, chill your coffee glass in the fridge before serving.
- Flavored: Try using different flavors of ice cream instead of vanilla. Maple, chocolate, cappuccino or mocha ice cream would all taste delicious.
- Milkshake: To make this drink even more like a coffee milkshake, top it with whipped cream, and chocolate or caramel syrup. Add a sprinkle of chocolate shavings or roasted nuts.
- Boozy: Add in some Baileys, Kahlua or rum for a boozy coffee drink.
- Vegan version: Replace the milk with almond or oat milk and use vegan ice cream.
If you prefer, you can also serve this drink by scooping the ice cream on top of the coffee and letting it drip down as it melts.
Yes, this ice cream coffee is a sweet drink. For a less sweet drink, double the amount of espresso or coffee.
This drink doesn’t store well. Serve it immediately after preparation.