This creamy, rich coconut milk latte is easy to make in under 5 minutes. Espresso mixed with maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract. Topped with frothed coconut milk and an extra sprinkle of cinnamon. Healthy, dairy free and vegan.
Why This Is The Best Coconut Latte
- It takes 5 minutes to make. Perfect for busy mornings when you still want to have a fancy latte.
- It’s vegan. It’s made with coconut milk rather than cow’s milk, and flavored with maple syrup for a completely vegan latte.
- It’s a great way to use up leftover coconut milk. Sometimes recipes only use part of a can of coconut milk and you get left with a small amount of extra milk. Instead of letting it go bad, make this coconut latte instead!
After making your espresso, mix in the maple syrup, cinnamon and vanilla extract.
Use a handheld frother to mix the coconut milk until it doubles in size. This will take about 30 seconds.
Microwave the coconut milk for about 30 seconds to warm it up.
Pour the coconut milk over the espresso, holding back the frothed foam. Scoop the foam on top of the latte.
This coconut latte is kind of like the Starbucks’ version, but not exactly the same. Starbucks uses a type of sugar called Cascara sugar (similar to turbinado or Demerara sugar) sprinkled on top. They also don’t add in any maple syrup, cinnamon or vanilla extract.
Too many of any type of latte is not healthy. Coconut milk is a healthy ingredient, but does contain more fat and calories compared to other dairy-free milks. If you are looking for a low calorie vegan latte, try this almond milk latte instead.
- Froth the coconut milk when it’s cold. Coconut milk, like almond milk, froths best when it is cold. Keep it in the fridge until you are ready to froth it.
- How to store extra coconut milk: If you are opening a new can of coconut milk to make this recipe, store the leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.