This creamy iced almond milk latte is easy to make in 5 minutes with only 5 ingredients. Espresso sweetened with a dash of maple syrup and sugar. Then topped with creamy, frothed almond milk and served in a glass filled with ice. A refreshing, completely vegan iced latte drink that is perfect for summer.
Why this is the best iced almond milk latte
- It’s extra creamy. Unlike other iced lattes, frothing the almond milk makes this version extra rich & creamy.
- It takes 5 minutes to make. This is one of the simplest lattes to make quickly in the morning when you are in a rush.
- It’s vegan. There are no substitutions necessary, this recipe is vegan as is.
- Almond milk: When choosing an almond milk for lattes, look at the fat content. Choose one that has a higher amount of fat. Almond milk with a higher fat content froths much more easily. Almond milk that is specifically made to be used in lattes may be labelled as “Barista” almond milk.
Right after you make your espresso, mix in the maple syrup and sugar so they dissolve evenly.
Froth the almond milk.
Add the espresso mixture to a glass full of ice, then pour the frothed almond milk on top.
Yes! Almond milk can be frothed for a latte. Use cold almond milk when frothing and an almond milk that is high in fat.
Yes, this is a very similar latte and is an easy copycat version to make at home.
No. If you don’t have a frother or prefer not you, you don’t have to froth the almond milk. However, the frothed milk does add a lot more volume and creaminess to the latte. If you aren’t frothing the milk, you may want to add a dash more almond milk to compensate.
You can easily use up extra almond milk in one of these delicious almond milk smoothies!
- Froth the almond milk when it is cold. Almond milk froths best when it is cold. Keep the almond milk in the fridge right up until you are ready to froth it.
- Use frozen coffee ice cubes. If you take a long time sipping on your iced lattes, use frozen coffee ice cubes instead of regular ice cubes to prevent the drink from becoming watered down as the ice melts.
- Add in some vanilla flavor. To make this an iced vanilla almond milk latte, use vanilla flavored almond milk and add in ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.