This easy vegan oat milk latte is the best coffee to make on a cold, winter morning. Steamed oat milk, a shot of strong espresso, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a dash of maple syrup.
Why this is the best oat latte
- It’s perfect for winter. The oat milk and cinnamon combination add an extra cozy feeling, making it the best drink for a winter morning.
- It’s vegan and dairy free. No adjustments are needed, this drink is vegan as is.
- It’s simple to make. It takes less than 10 minutes from start to finish to make this latte.
- Espresso: If you don’t have a coffee machine, you can use instant espresso powder.
Heat the oat milk, cinnamon and maple syrup on a saucepan over medium to high heat, stirring occasionally. Bring the milk almost to a boil, but don’t let it boil.
Once steaming, remove the pan from the heat and froth the milk.
Pour the bottom, liquid portion into a mug, on top of the shot of espresso. Scoop the remaining foam on top.
Yes. It doesn’t froth as well as cow’s milk, but it still does a much better job than almond milk.
Barista oat milk is oat milk that is specially made for lattes. It has a bit more fat so it will froth better and give a thicker latte texture compared to regular oat milk.
- If you don’t have an electric frother: After steaming the oat milk on the stove, add it to a blender and blend on low.
- Don’t let the oat milk boil. Adjust the temperature as needed to allow the oat milk to heat up as close as possible to boiling, without actually boiling.