Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This collection of Cinco de Mayo margaritas are the perfect cocktails to make this May 5. They are all delicious and easy to make for a party.
Why You Will Love These Cinco De Mayo Margaritas
- All these recipes are simple to make and can easily be scaled up for a large group of people.
- These margaritas are made with ingredients you can find year round, or with fruit that is in season in May.
- Some of these margaritas are sweet, others are spicier, but they all fit the Cinco de Mayo theme.
Tips For Making These Margaritas
- Choose a quality tequila. Blanco tequila generally works best for margarita recipes. Choose a brand you enjoy, and that is made with 100% agave. High end, sipping tequilas are not typically used in margaritas, but don’t choose the lowest quality tequila either.
- Use fresh lime juice. Most margarita recipes are made with lime juice. For the freshest, highest quality taste, always use freshly squeezed lime juice rather than bottled lime juice.
- Use margarita salt. The type of salt you line the cocktail glass rims with makes a difference. Make your own margarita salt, or buy a premade one.
- Don’t add ice before serving. If you are scaling these drinks up for serving in a pitcher, mix the ingredients together in advance but don't add ice to the pitcher. This will water down the drink.
- Choose your margarita glasses. You can serve these margaritas in any type of cocktail glass, including classic margarita glasses or margarita rocks glasses.
Cinco De Mayo Margaritas
This Guava Margarita (also called a guavarita) is a unique twist on the classic margarita. It’s the perfect cocktail for Cinco de Mayo and can easily be made for a large group.
If you're not into fruity margaritas, this Bourbon Margarita is for you! It's just like a regular margarita but with a whiskey twist. Made with bourbon, cointreau, lime juice and a dash of agave. Then shaken and served on the rocks in a glass with a salted rim.
Mango Jalapeno Margarita
This spicy Mango Jalapeño Margarita is made with mango nectar, tequila, lime and a dash of simple syrup infused with jalapeño. It's easy to whip together in a few minutes for a party.
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
Luckily, Cinco de Mayo coincides with the start of watermelon season! Try these refreshing Watermelon Margaritas with a spicy habanero kick.
These fruity Strawberry Margaritas are made with homemade strawberry simple syrup for the most authentic strawberry flavor. This drink can be served on the rocks, or blended into a frozen margarita.
Spicy Pineapple Margarita
These sweet and slightly Spicy Pineapple Margaritas are a hit at Cinco de Mayo gatherings. Infused with jalapeno simple syrup, and seasoned with a tajin rim. Plus, they can easily be scaled up to serve in a pitcher for a large group.
This Hibiscus Margarita is a refreshing Mexican inspired margarita. It is made with tequila, freshly squeezed lime juice, orange liqueur and a homemade hibiscus syrup.
Pineapple Coconut Margarita
This Pineapple Coconut Margarita is so refreshing with a fun tropical flavor twist. Bright pineapple juice paired with creamy coconut milk, zesty lime juice, and blanco tequila all combined into a perfect cocktail for Cinco de Mayo celebrations.
This Beer Margarita recipe is made with Corona, tequila, triple sec, lime juice, and agave. It’s an easy large batch cocktail that is perfect for sharing with friends on Cinco de Mayo.
This Tamarind Margarita is a fun version of the famous Mexican cocktail. Tangy, sweet, and slightly spicy, this tequila cocktail will become one of your favorites because it is also super easy to make!
Leave a Reply