Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This collection of Cinco de Mayo margaritas are the perfect cocktails to make this May 5. They are all delicious and easy to make for a party.
Why You Will Love These Cinco De Mayo Margaritas
- All these recipes are simple to make and can easily be scaled up for a large group of people.
- These margaritas are made with ingredients you can find year round, or with fruit that is in season in May.
- Some of these margaritas are sweet, others are spicier, but they all fit the Cinco de Mayo theme.
Tips For Making These Margaritas
- Choose a quality tequila. Blanco tequila generally works best for margarita recipes. Choose a brand you enjoy, and that is made with 100% agave. High end, sipping tequilas are not typically used in margaritas, but don’t choose the lowest quality tequila either.
- Use fresh lime juice. Most margarita recipes are made with lime juice. For the freshest, highest quality taste, always use freshly squeezed lime juice rather than bottled lime juice.
- Use margarita salt. The type of salt you line the cocktail glass rims with makes a difference. Make your own margarita salt, or buy a premade one.
- Don’t add ice before serving. If you are scaling these drinks up for serving in a pitcher, mix the ingredients together in advance but don't add ice to the pitcher. This will water down the drink.
- Choose your margarita glasses. You can serve these margaritas in any type of cocktail glass, including classic margarita glasses or margarita rocks glasses.