This easy Madras drink is a simple vodka cranberry orange juice cocktail with only 4 ingredients. Light & refreshing and easy to make in just a couple minutes.
Why You’ll Love This Madras Cocktail:
- Only 4 ingredients. You just need cranberry juice, orange juice, vodka and a spritz of lime.
- No cocktail shaker needed. Just add the ingredients to a glass with ice and stir.
- Fruity & Festive. The combination of cranberry and orange makes a fruity cocktail that is perfect for the holidays.
- Orange Juice: If you have the time, use freshly squeezed orange juice. It will make a huge difference in taste.
- Add the cranberry juice, orange juice and vodka to a glass filled with ice. Spritz the lime wedge on top.
- Stir to combine. Serve immediately
Typically a Madras drink is served in a highball glass such as a Collins glass.
The Madras cocktail is supposedly named after Madras plaid fabric, originating from India, because of the similar red, orange and green mix of colors.
- Add a garnish. Make this simple cocktail more presentable by adding a garnish. Some ideas include a slice of lime, an orange wedge or a lime twist.
- Make it a mocktail. To make an alcohol free version, leave out the vodka. For a bit of fizz, you can also add in some club soda.