Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolate brown cow drink is easy to make with only two ingredients. Kahlua and milk are shaken together for a creamy dessert cocktail that tastes like coffee-flavored chocolate milk.
- This drink is made using only 2 ingredients and takes less than 2 minutes to make.
- The coffee & creamy combination of flavors in this brown cow drink make it a delicious dessert drink.
- This is a great drink to serve to guests, topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Kahlua: Typically this drink is made with Kahlua, but you can substitute this with another type of coffee liqueur, such as Tia Maria.
- Milk: Use 3% whole milk for the creamiest drink. However, you can replace this with 2% milk or a milk alternative such as almond milk or oat milk.
Step 1: Add the Kahlua and milk to a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
Step 2: Shake well for 5 to 8 seconds until the outside of the shaker is frosted. Strain and serve into a cocktail glass.
- For an extra decadent drink, top the cocktail with whipped cream, a sprinkle of cocoa powder or chocolate shavings, and a couple of coffee beans.
- Adjust the milk to Kahlua ratio depending on your preference. For a stronger drink, add an extra ounce of Kahlua. For a milkier drink, add an extra ounce of milk.
- Ice Cream Float: To make this drink a float, add a scoop of ice cream on top right before serving.
- Vegan Version: Replace the Kahlua with Tia Maria as Tia Maria guarantees its coffee liqueur is vegan. Use almond milk instead of cow’s milk.
This cocktail tastes like alcoholic chocolate milk with a hint of coffee flavor.